OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossy Oak Graphics Shotgun Wrap Kit - Bottomland - SBE II  (Read 9145 times)

Offline Casey Johnson

Mossy Oak Graphics Shotgun Wrap Kit - Bottomland - SBE II
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
I have been wanting to get my SBE II dipped, but I don't have they extra time or money to do it, right now. I have heard good things about the Gun Wrap Kits from Mossy Oak Graphics, and after reading the other review in this thread, I decided to try one. Let me start by saying, it was WELL worth it. I bought a Gun Wrap Kit ($24.99) and a Gear Skin ($9.99), both in Bottomland. The guys at Mossy Oak Graphics were great to deal with, and their service is top notch! I placed my order on a Friday evening, and they had it to my door on Tuesday evening. I used a normal hairdryer and an X-acto knife to apply the product. Although, I believe a heat gun would have been a bit better. I took my own sweet time, so it took me a total of about 5 hours to complete the project. The most time consuming part was the Comfortech buttstock because I disassembled it (removed the rubber inserts and the comb pad) and trimed out the holes after applying the vinyl. To my surprise, when heated, the material conformed into the checkering in the buttstock and forend. So, it even feels like it has been dipped. The barrel and reciever pieces were pretty simple. The forend gave me some problems because of it's shape. There is still a few wrinkles in it, but oh well. I applied some of Gear Skin to the bases of the rib and around the loading port, as the Gun Wrap Kit didn't include material for those places. In a nut shell, the Mossy Oak Graphics Gun Wrap Kit is a quality, inexpensive way to add or change camo to a rifle or shotgun. Time will tell how durable it is. As a matter of fact, I will try to post updates on how it holds up through this winter, and next spring. Went from Max-4 to Bottomland for less than $40.00 counting the Gear Skin. Sweet!
NWTF - Tennessee

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Mossy Oak Graphics Shotgun Wrap Kit - Bottomland - SBE II
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:21:42 AM »
Looks good....

Offline Hooks' n' Beards'

• Cuttin n' Struttin
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:23:11 PM »
Great job,i want to do my winchester 1300 in bottomland camo

Offline chatterbox

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 08:49:42 AM »
Awesome!!!!!!!

Offline DirtNap647

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 06:38:57 AM »
love it

Offline vahunter5

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »
That's awesome. I'm going to do it to mine!!! Thanks for the post!