turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Osage Pot call headed to TN.....pappy

Started by pappy, July 19, 2013, 04:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Sweet pot here made from Osage with copper over slate dual purpose headed out to Austin in Tennessee the striker is Zebrawood .... heading your way Austin Monday Morning, pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

outdoors

OSAGE AND COPPER REALY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

owlhoot

that nice, never tried a copper, what is it like?

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

pappy

This 3 - 1/4" pot has plenty of high pitch and roll over to some of the nastiest rasp you'll here. Some folks like them some don't. I know that when responses are super slow with say, crystal or glass, pulling out a copper pot will get their attention and I have gotten plenty of fellas out in the woods with mine and have tons of pics and stories on how they worked when nothing else would. The first copper pot I made brought a pair of Toms across the Savannah River to the guy, (creekrocket) and we took a bird with the second one I made back in 2010 .... it is up to the caller's taste, as we hear differently then the birds do, but if a guy doesn't like the sound of a call, he most likely won't try it anyhow.
tel...573-380-8206

Rope

You hit the nail on the head Pappy. You've got to like it,to buy it. Sharp looker.
Freedom is NOT free

owlhoot

Is it like aluminum calls?
Is the surface hard to maintain?
Do you get alot of buildup on your striker?
How does it play when when damp?
As you can tell i am not the least bit curious. :morning:

Bigstruttin

Thanks pappy! It looks great! And I'm sure it'll sounds just as good as it looks  :icon_thumright:

pappy

Quote from: owlhoot on July 20, 2013, 06:05:46 AM
Is it like aluminum calls?
Is the surface hard to maintain?
Do you get alot of buildup on your striker?
How does it play when when damp?
As you can tell i am not the least bit curious. :morning:
Any kind of metallic surfaces will have maintenance. With copper the oxidation process seems to be faster then aluminum, so you would need to clean it more often, especially if you handle it a lot on the surface itself, as the grease and salt in our skin will transfer to the metal. Build up on the striker is not a problem, slate is worse then any metallic surface, but always clean and dress your strikers before you go out... Playing a damp call is tricky with any surface, you'll need to use a striker that is adaptive to such conditions, metallic surfaces tend to ward off the moisture more then slate, glass is a great surface for this too...there is a fellow here on the site that makes a water proof striker, I think he is BeardBuster or something like that, you could get your information from him on wet running of a pot call. (They say curiosity killed the cat, BUT I AIN'T NEVER SEEN A CAT HUNTIN' TURKEYS....so you just keep on asking those questions, that's what this site is all about.....pappy
tel...573-380-8206

owlhoot

With all the excellent call makers on this sight , killed the wallet is going to be the sayin too. ;D

merocustomcalls

Gawhitaker

outdoors

HEY PAPPY HOW ABOUT A TUNE OR TWO SO'S  WE CAN HEAR A QUALITY COPPER CALL  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

pappy

tel...573-380-8206