turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Finally got to shoot my 11-87! (Wow!)

Started by Songdog2012, July 15, 2013, 09:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Songdog2012

Ok i finally got to shoot my new to me 11-87 turkey origional bottomland. For those of you that read my earlier posts about replaceing th action spring, mag tube spring and bolt buffer, also had some concerns about a cracked action sleeve but have since determined this is just the way some of these sleeves are. I purchased a primos tight wad choke at walmart for 15 bucks as the one that came with it was modified, and it shoots awesome! I took it out real quick this eve. and fired a couple 2-3/4 #6 nitro mags out of it pretty much just to check overall function and it put 90% of pellets in a 8 inch circle at 30 yds! I think this is an awesome starting point i cant wait till it cools off a little so i can run some of my go to turkey loads through it! Thanks to everyone who helped with my concerns about replaceing a few parts in it. And by the way the new recoil spring really softened this gun up alot on recoil i would recomend changeing this 5 dollar part out to anyone that notices their gun kicking a little harder than it used to! The breech bolt buffer on the other hand was a real beast to replace you need about four hands and to borrow thors hammer for that one i sure hope the new one lasts a while. Thanks to all the helping fellow shotgunners out there.

vaturkey

Glad you like it ! Those Old School Remmys are hard to beat !
Vaturkey

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase