turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Amboyna Burl Trumpet

Started by TRKYHTR, July 10, 2013, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

This is an Amboyna Burl trumpet with A brass ferrule and a delrin or buffalo horn screw in mouthpiece. Soundfile at the bottom.

TRKYHTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay4BXrnjc8k

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Austy

Very Nice looking call Joe!!!

vaturkey

That's a beauty Joe !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

savduck

Georgia Boy

krm

Kelvin Morrison

DirtNap647

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

Houndstooth Game Calls

Looks like a nice Slaton style trumpet to me! Very Nice Joe sounds good!!

WillowRidgeCalls

Good sounding trumpet Joe.  :camohat:
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

TRKYHTR

Just an update on this trumpet. I called and talked with Billy Buice today. He has a patent on anything interchangeable with the mouthpiece of a trumpet. I can make the moutpiece like I did but when I sale it I have to glue it in so it's not interchangeable.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

pappy

Very impressive Joe, that is a sweet caller, sounds like a champ to me!!!!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 11, 2013, 05:40:59 PM
Just an update on this trumpet. I called and talked with Billy Buice today. He has a patent on anything interchangeable with the mouthpiece of a trumpet. I can make the moutpiece like I did but when I sale it I have to glue it in so it's not interchangeable.

Joe

Joe

Im not a call maker but I would nicely ask for a copy of that patent before I glued in that mouthpiece. Just curious !!  Anything interchangeable sounds hard to believe ! 
Vaturkey

Houndstooth Game Calls

I have seen a lot of you copied this you copied that and I patent this and I have a patent on that lately through other forums also.. I don't disrespect that someone has come up with something worthy of that but I am no doubt missing something how come potcalls aren't patented the use for pedestals or designs of pedestals what about all these reproduction boxes and one siders aren't patented.. I looked at some info on patents they lasted for 20yrs and there was 14 yrs on design patent after that its gone is what I understand or that's what I read.. Heck I am curious about it I see so much crap about you copied this you copied that heck lets see some patent numbers and see what's smoke and what's written and I don't mean anything towards Mr. Buice he was the first trumpet I ever bought and a genuine guy to deal with and am great full for the quality he's brought to the trumpet I have no intentions on threading a mouth piece I like a number three by Buice so that's the size I stay with on my own.. Guess I like to see the facts, I saw where a fella had built a 4 or 5 inch tube that flared on the end and a few folks were picking at him about a strumpet and he was copying it which it looked nothing like a strumpet.. After all every box and every potcall is a design copy from who ever built the first wouldn't it be and box single side and double? So no disrespect to the folks that have patent things parts or process congrats is due but just what is patented in the game call industry?? Just thoughts and questions is all...

vaturkey

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on July 11, 2013, 08:59:10 PM
I have seen a lot of you copied this you copied that and I patent this and I have a patent on that lately through other forums also.. I don't disrespect that someone has come up with something worthy of that but I am no doubt missing something how come potcalls aren't patented the use for pedestals or designs of pedestals what about all these reproduction boxes and one siders aren't patented.. I looked at some info on patents they lasted for 20yrs and there was 14 yrs on design patent after that its gone is what I understand or that's what I read.. Heck I am curious about it I see so much crap about you copied this you copied that heck lets see some patent numbers and see what's smoke and what's written and I don't mean anything towards Mr. Buice he was the first trumpet I ever bought and a genuine guy to deal with and am great full for the quality he's brought to the trumpet I have no intentions on threading a mouth piece I like a number three by Buice so that's the size I stay with on my own.. Guess I like to see the facts, I saw where a fella had built a 4 or 5 inch tube that flared on the end and a few folks were picking at him about a strumpet and he was copying it which it looked nothing like a strumpet.. After all every box and every potcall is a design copy from who ever built the first wouldn't it be and box single side and double? So no disrespect to the folks that have patent things parts or process congrats is due but just what is patented in the game call industry?? Just thoughts and questions is all...

Well Said Lyle !   :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

ccleroy

Quote from: vaturkey on July 11, 2013, 08:16:18 PM
Quote from: TRKYHTR on July 11, 2013, 05:40:59 PM

Joe

Joe

Im not a call maker but I would nicely ask for a copy of that patent before I glued in that mouthpiece. Just curious !!  Anything interchangeable sounds hard to believe !

Billy has been making interchangeable mouthpieces for years and does indeed hold several patents, including the screw in mouthpiece. Great looking trumpet Joe and way to touch base with Billy, says a lot about your character and what kind of man you are. Very Classy Brother, again fine work

Ricky