OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anybody elk hunting this year?

Started by turkey_slayer, July 08, 2013, 08:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

I'm getting the bug bad but my buddy has a baby due in Sept so no go for him and rest of my buddies are to broke.

perrysbirds

Well Im from up here in Ontario Canada and here is a photo of my hunt last year in Alberta Canada at my brothers place....
Ive never seen a Elk before until one evening I pulled the trigger on one....
The blood was pumping through my body before and after I made the 80 yard shot with my Tikka 270 Short mag...
That was the first week of November....Just about everyone killed a decent Animal....
Looking forward to getting my Elk mount back from the taxidermy...
So yes Im getting pumped again for this fall..
Im in the middle of the picture...
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

turkey_slayer

Now that's wackin and stackin lol. Very nice. Ruttin and bugling bulls are just like turkey hunting except when one of those screams at 20 yards it makes me shake just a little more than a gobble ;D

TRKYHTR

I'm thinking about it. Just haven't decided yet. I agree with a bugling Bull at 20 yards will stand the hair up on the back of your neck.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

RutnNStrutn

Sadly, my dream of going on an elk hunt will probably have to wait until I retire from the fire dep't. :firefighter:  Fortunately, that's 3 years and 10 months away. Then I'll be looking forward to it. Man, a gobbler coming in close and ripping a gobble is intense. I can't imagine a big bull bugling from 20 yards away. :o

stinkpickle

ElkTurkMan

I am thinking of buying a left over cow tag and going out late season, I just can't decide.

slamman

I'm not hunting myself but I'm helping some friends just put the trail camera's out two weeks ago so I should be posting pictures soon.

DirtNap647

slamman

here's one that will make you lick your chops.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: slamman on July 10, 2013, 09:22:24 PM
here's one that will make you lick your chops.

Oh my. Did I mention I'm looking for a elk hunting buddy ;)

30_06

Sept. can't get here fast enough. Chasing them with the stick and string this year.

TRKYHTR

Can't wait to do this again.

This is what it looks like hanging on my fireplace.

My big elk from a few years ago.
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

turkey_slayer

Tomspur

I have a 5 day, spike camp elk hunt planned for the first week of  October in New Mexico.  Cannot wait. Went last year in December and killed a nice 6 x 6. Want to get one during the rut.  Friend of mine and I are going and camping for the 5 days. To say we are excited is an understatement.