OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Healing....7/7/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, July 07, 2013, 11:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

John 13:34... A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
There are times when our love for one another is tried like a precious metal as the flames of life flicker against our very fiber, as with all families, there are fights, there are times of turmoil, but, there are also those times of renewing. And like that precious metal, the junk rises to the top and the treasure is buried deep within.
Jesus gave us a commandment, to love, simple and yet at times it seems so difficult, to simply love one another. Family is so important to God, the love that binds the family together is the very fiber of God, often tried, but never fails, always there, but sometimes it is hardly seen, forever patient, forever true.
The wounds of life's experiences are deep, hurtful reminders that we are after all human, and we make mistakes, and often those mistakes are directed towards those we love. And sadly, we are not reminded of our misjudgements until we are faced with the loss of a loved one. And we need closure. And how we find that closure will effect how we adjust to our life without the physical presence of the loved one we have said good bye to.
John 14:18 - I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Some times being comforted is just the beginning, the trail that is laid out before us is one that we must now travel, but we travel it not alone! There are others who will be walking alongside of us, some lagging and some walking ahead, each looking for the process of healing to find the strength to continue. With each step we leave behind our footprint, imbedded deep within  the soil of family, for others to follow, with which we will be growing the next generation, and with the love of God to fertilize it, new sprouts will arise, new family members will replace those who have passed, and a renewed love will blossom! 
I have heard that time heals all wounds, but I KNOW that it takes the hand of God to move the hands of time! And since God is not measured by seconds but by His Love, then time is irrelevant and the healing will come, to all who travel that lonely path of bereavement..
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy ! I really needed that !

God Bless You My Friend !   :jesus-cross:

Love Ya
               Ricky

Vaturkey

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net