Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gun Dipping recommendations and reviews?

Started by reynolds243, July 05, 2013, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

i am prob gonna get my SBE2 dipped in the next month or so just to make it more "custom" so to speak. anyone have updated reviews or recommendations or for that matter ones to stay away from? i have searched on here and found some older threads with info but just trying to cover all my bases and get more updated info.

I am looking at doing either MO bottomland OR Elusion Forest Ghost (leaning to the Elusion currently). I am very very nervious about getting it done as it is a crazy expensive shotgun and it is my "always wanted" gun. If it was done just so so and what not Im not sure what i would do.

Looking for someone with a good price and does GREAT work....i mean great, not "good" or "pretty good" but GREAT. Would want someone that does a final coat to help it last longer as well.

any reviews or opinions are welcome, Im gonna sent my barrel off to Rob Roberts next week to get it ported and the forcing cone lengthened then its off to get dipped hopefully.

Ive read some good and some not so good on Tarjac, good stuff about Camo Solutions but he doesnt carry Elusion camo and some good and not so good on ColorandCamo.  TNT from on here does both camos but its a newer company from what i gather which makes me a tad nervous.

Casey Johnson

As you mentioned, Camo Solutions does excellent work. There is a company in Rogersville, Tennessee called Brothers Hydrographics. They do really good work, at a good price. They are a licensed Mossy Oak OEM Decorator, so they could do Bottomland. I don't know if they have the Elusion patterns or not, though. They charge $160.00 to do a complete shotgun. They have a website, www.brothershydrographics.com. I think they even have some sample photos of some Benellis that they have done on there, as well. I'm fixin to have them do mine within the next six months.
NWTF - Tennessee

WW

TNT is a newer company but they've done as many dip jobs as anyone can in the amount of time that he's been in business. He stays covered in guns to dip among other things. He's the man for the job, KNOW THAT! I sent 3 about 2 weeks ago to get dipped and I've seen a lot of guns that he's dipped. Don't hesitate on TNT.

IowaGobblers

Definitely understand the hesitation but TnT has a thread right below this one and it looks like he does some quality work.

TNT all the way,Great person and quality work.

REBELYELL

Don at Camo Solutions does great work. He dipped my Browning Gold in bottomland and it turned out great. I have gotten hundreds of compliments on that gun. He just dipped a SBE2 in bottomland for a friend and it looks awesome.

ccleroy

TNT Custom Camo, great buddy of mine that does a phenomenal dip. You won't deal with a better guy either.

Ricky

WV Ridge Reaper

Color and camo has had my shotgun since the first week of May,I still don't have the gun..Id highly suggest someone else for your dipping needs.

WildSpur

Dont say that--I just shipped them my fast fire guard and choke.  Its been about a week and was told a 4 week average.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: WildSpur on July 06, 2013, 07:08:10 PM
Dont say that--I just shipped them my fast fire guard and choke.  Its been about a week and was told a 4 week average.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Mid as well figure on 4 months,I was told the same thing and its been longer then 4 weeks.I still got to get my barrel to Rob Robertson..I may get to use it next season.

nativeks

I've had 3 guns done by Camo Solutions. Beretta Xtrema in Natgear, Beretta 390 20 gauge in Natural Gear, Beretta 390 12 gauge in Original Mossy Oak Shadowgrass. I'd highly recommend Camo Solutions. I can post pics if you are interested but work blocks photobucket.

reynolds243

I just wish they had the Elusion Camo

WV Ridge Reaper

Just wanted to let everyone know that the evening I made my last post I got a call saying my gun was done.There was some miscommutation on the turn around time.But everything has been taken care of and this gun looks great,the attention to detail is amazing as I figured it would be coming from Color and Camo as I had a flashlight done before.So for anyone looking to have anything dipped get a hold of David at Color and Camo and he will get ya taken care of.I will post some pics when I get time!!

nativeks

WV Ridge Reaper

Here are the pictures as promised,Mossy 500 dipped in Mossy Oak Bottomland by Color and Camo