turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Color changing camo

Started by eddie234, June 27, 2013, 11:15:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie234

Has any one seen the new zone camo from cabelas? It says it changes colors with the temp. It turns more green when it's warm and brown when its cooler.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

sixbird

They sent me a flyer in the mail and, to be honest, I couldn't understand what they were getting at so I threw it in the trash...Who ever formulated that advertising campaign needs some lessons in promotion clarity...Or, maybe I'm just a little slow   :-[

eddie234

I'm a little skeptical

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

sixbird

My first thought is, what weight material would you make this out of? If light for spring then not warm for fall...If heavy for fall, then too hot for spring...It is an interesting idea though...

ShotGunSniper

So this camo make's you a true chameleon. And if I take my wife hunting and her wearin this camo, it would be changin colors every 2 seconds...lol
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

mikejd

Quote from: sixbird on June 27, 2013, 08:09:49 PM
They sent me a flyer in the mail and, to be honest, I couldn't understand what they were getting at so I threw it in the trash...Who ever formulated that advertising campaign needs some lessons in promotion clarity...Or, maybe I'm just a little slow   :-[

Funny you say that. Same thing here. I just took a look at it and said what is this and threw it away. Oh well.

WV TURKEY THUG

I just don't get how this could work I mean if ur hunting in the fall when its a little cold out and u walk up a hill that makes u sweat like crazy u will turn green by the time ur at the top of the hill. They should make camos blends in with ur surroundings. But that would be to good to be true.

DirtNap647

lately companies have been coming out with some crazy stuff

wmahunter

Quote from: Dirt nap on June 28, 2013, 04:29:05 AM
lately companies have been coming out with some crazy stuff
Only because they know there are plenty of idiots that will buy anything new that comes out.

Jamey via tapatalk

Flydown

The only zones camo I saw at Cabela's did not change colors but had the 3 different camo zones. :begging:

the Ward

Quote from: ShotGunSniper on June 27, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
So this camo make's you a true chameleon. And if I take my wife hunting and her wearin this camo, it would be changin colors every 2 seconds...lol
I hear ya brother! Ain't that the truth!   :TooFunny:

sixbird

Quote from: mikejd on June 27, 2013, 09:15:49 PM

Funny you say that. Same thing here. I just took a look at it and said what is this and threw it away. Oh well.

I went so far as to tear it apart to see if there was something inside that would have some meaning for me...  ???

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: ShotGunSniper on June 27, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Quote from: mikejd on June 27, 2013, 09:15:49 PM
x3

guesswho

Stepped on a cotton mouth one time and changed the color of my camo on one side.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Onpoint

Get ya some of this, a squealing hen, a dirty b decoy, and I promise you'll get some 2" hooks.