OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2013 NE Trip

Started by NCYelper, June 18, 2013, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCYelper

5 of us made a trip to south eastern NE this year in mid May.  Had a wonderful time and I saw more turkeys in 3 days of hunting than I saw in our whole season here in NC.  Our group killed 8 birds total and should have taken home a few more.  I missed a nice bird the 1st day and thought I was going to come home empty handed.  Had close call after close call but couldn't quite get everything to come together.  I was scheduled to be picked up from the field the last morning at 10:00 am so we could catch a flight back home.  I was finally able to get a bird in range I had worked since fly down that morning at 2 minutes to 10:00.  Was tickled with this bird that sported 1 1/4" spurs.  Definitely hooked on hunting the mid west now!

Rokhal07

Congrats on great hunt

beagler

Never Misses

bbcustomboxcalls

WiLL B

TurkeyPhanatic

Nicely Done! I need to get out there myself.  Congrats bud!

MAKEemQUIVER

Congrats on the birds!! Hunt on your own or go with a guide service?
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

El Pavo Grande

Congrats on a great trip!!!

NCYelper

We hunted with Cross Country Outfitters in Southeast NE.  Those guys really worked hard to keep us on the birds.

trkycaller

RutnNStrutn

I've been out west twice. Nebraska for Merriams, and Oklahoma for Rios. Both were fantastic hunts! Congrats on you & your group's success!! :icon_thumright:

turkeykiller22

I see you hunted with Brady!! Hope you enjoyed you hunt! Ive taken many of pictures in that same spot you have :)) What farm did you kill your bird on? Unfortunately  my trip with Brady got canceled this spring at the last minute.. :/

Brady is a great guy, guide, and outfitter!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

NCYelper

turkeykiller22-I agree, Brady is a first class guy and an excellent guide and turkey caller.  We have already booked to hunt with him in KS next year.  Several of the birds from this year came off the Henderson farm.  I don't recall hearing any names on the other farms we hunted.

DirtNap647

congrats on a nice trip

turkeykiller22

Gocha! I love hunting the Henderson farm! Did anyone go to the spot north of red cloud? I've killed numerous birds off that farm! Hunted up there last year and my roommate killed his first bird by the beaver pond on the south end of the Henderson piece. He is a great caller! I'm lucky enough to build his calls for him! And I love hearing him run them, and how good he makes them sound!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/