OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

AWESOME Father's Day gift!!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, June 15, 2013, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

You need to send it my way and let me kill one with it.

Keep it in a safe place.  Some things can't be replaced.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

bigbird

Nice story, my dads got an old Belgium a5. Great guns!

TrackeySauresRex

:z-guntootsmiley: congrats on gettin her back. Good luck with her.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

beagler

Never Misses

TRKYHTR

Quote from: guesswho on June 15, 2013, 06:54:43 PM

Keep it in a safe place.  Some things can't be replaced.
Then you can send it to me and I'll kill one with it. I see a theme here.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

guesswho

Instead of a traveling call we could have a traveling A5.  I have a feeling that Jim would hand deliver it to everyone though. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

Thanks everybody, I'm thrilled to have Pop's gun back!! And Happy Father's Day to all of you guys too!!

Quote from: turkeyfeathers on June 15, 2013, 11:18:17 AMDo you remember how that thing kicks? :z-dizzy:
Yes I do, but when the critters are out in front of me, I never feel it anyway. Besides, to be hunting with Pop's gun again will make any pain worth bearing!!

Quote from: TRKYHTR on June 15, 2013, 11:54:42 AMGreat story. Keep it in the family. My Dad also has one of those Browning A5's. He has had it since I was a little boy. TRKYHTR
I intend to Joe!! I remember my Dad's A5 from when I was a little boy as well. That's why I had to have it back. Too many memories, I had to have that gun in my hands again!

Quote from: marshboy on June 15, 2013, 02:45:15 PM
Congrats on your find!  It's a trophy worth far more than you paid. Greg
You got that right Greg!! Best part is that the gun was only used twice in 20 years, so its still in great shape. And my friends sold it back to me for the same price I sold it to them years ago, even though its worth a lot more now. Great guys!! :icon_thumright:

Quote from: Gawhitaker on June 15, 2013, 05:17:07 PMMy grandfathers A5 is in the safe, think I'll take her to the woods next turkey season
You definitely should, what a tribute to your grandfather!

Quote from: TRKYHTR on June 15, 2013, 09:28:10 PM
Quote from: guesswho on June 15, 2013, 06:54:43 PM
Then you can send it to me and I'll kill one with it. I see a theme here. TRKYHTR
Quote from: guesswho on June 15, 2013, 10:02:04 PM
Instead of a traveling call we could have a traveling A5.  I have a feeling that Jim would hand deliver it to everyone though.
I'm sure we could work something out fellas. Me and Pop's A5 will head out to meet y'all, and I'll let you hunt with Pop's A5 in exchange for me getting to kill a bird in your state!! Sounds fair to me! You get to hunt with a classic gun that has history, and I work on my goal of killing a bird in all of the lower 48 states before I die!! Great idea guys!! ;D :you_rock: :icon_thumright: :funnyturkey:

ShotGunSniper

Great story and loved how you bought your dad's old gun back. Remind's me of my dad's old double barrel shotgun that he loved but had to sell because of hard time's. I would love to find that gun, if I could.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

RutnNStrutn

You're right, I was fortunate that I knew who bought it, that it didn't go far, that they were willing to sell it back to me, and that it hadn't been used much and was still in great shape.

captin_hook

ctwny1

RutnNStrutn,
Great story and being a Browning fan and owner of a few A5's, the gun is really a work of art and a classic.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

trkycaller

RutnNStrutn

Thanks guys, and happy Father's Day to y'all too!!

Quote from: ctwny1 on June 16, 2013, 07:57:11 AMbeing a Browning fan and owner of a few A5's, the gun is really a work of art and a classic.
:agreed:  Ever since Dad taught me how to duck hunt using his A5, I've always wanted to own one. But, to me, this A5 is the best one ever!! :icon_thumright:

Usahuntingear

Great story, thanks for sharing.
One day at a time.