turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bought a new Pretty Boy decoy...

Started by ShotGunSniper, June 15, 2013, 12:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShotGunSniper

Well Im about ready for Fall Turkey season and Spring 2014. And I wanted to add something. Reason of buyin it, other then they was running a sale on them. Im going to try this Pretty Boy Tom decoy with some hen decoys for the call shy birds I tryed workin this past spring on one of the properties, it's the nearby property that my in-laws owns. I noticed these birds will flock together when there are Tom's in full strut. And this big decoy will be too hard to not see from a distance. I know many don't like using decoys. And I killed my 1st Tom without one. But like I mentioned before. This property is too small to run n gun like I did on the other much larger property. So something that will be very noticeable is what Im tryin this time. Im going to kill one of these local tom's, one way or another, if it's the last thing I do..lol
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

coyote1

I use decoys on a small property and it has been effective every year so far.

ShotGunSniper

They only thing about this decoy. The fan that comes with it. It sucks..lol I know it's better to use a real fan but I have no spares. Thought about buyin one of ebay. I see real tail fans on there all the time.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

coyote1

A real fan can't be beat for realism but e-bay is kind of crazy. I see a lot of used items going for as much as it costs new. I have never tried a gobbler decoy, just a jake and a hen or two.

eddie234

I got my fan off eBay. Just don't bid more than you want to spend. Should be able to get one fairly cheap mid summer. Mine was $20.00

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

ShotGunSniper

Coyote, I have shopped on ebay more then I have done anywhere else online. But this will be my 1st for a real tail fan...lol Yeah they can be crazy. This cardboard tail fan, just aint cuttin it for me. This was the only downfall. They should had atleast gone with a silk fan.

Eddie, I agree. I wont be paying very much for a real fan on ebay.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag

IowaGobblers

I have an Eastern fan that I might be willing to sell. I just am not sure how I could ship that whole thing.

ShotGunSniper

Thanks for the offer but Im broke for now. This 'ol poor boy is on a tight budget. Got 3 kids that will need school clothes and behind on some bills. But after I get all that cought up with, I will be lookin for a good tail fan. Yeah good deals dont just pop up everyday but when they do, got to jump on them when I can...lol Thats how I ended up with this decoy.
Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag