OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 with Burris FF3 on Redfield Base

Started by ads1, June 04, 2013, 05:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ads1

Hey everyone,

Some pictures of my new 870 w/Burris FF3. Spent the afternoon putting the FF3 on the gun, deep cleaning the barrel, sighting the gun, and test firing at 40 yards. The only new information is the Redfield two piece bases that I used. Actually only used one piece of the Redfield base, The Burris FF3 was ordered with a Picatinny Mount which attached cleanly to the Redfield Base. It took two shots to zero and then the test fire at 40 yards with the Rem Choke and a SSX .643 choke. I still need to fine tune using some different diameter chokes later. That's been my day... a real rush. I will say the 870 slaps a little harder than my Benelli SV, but I love the feel of the 870 w/FF3. The 23 inch barrel handles nicely. I really like this setup and using one piece of the Redfield Base makes for clean lines on the gun. Attached are some pictures. Trigger pull seems a little rough so I may have to get a gunsmith to work on that before next season. Can't wait until next season. 
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

allaboutshooting

It all looks great. Congratulations and best of luck to you with your new 870.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Ridge Rooster

Looks Good!! I have been contemplating a FF myself, looking at the neat looking package you have it sways me more to get one myself!

Congrats on a nice rig, and hope you kill a many a turkey with it!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Gold Spur

The hard work you did on your gun has really paid off. It looks awesome and patterns great.... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

Fullfan

Looks good man, what is the redfeild part number for the base you uesd?? I just bought a 11-87 sure shot mag, and do not want to have it drilled for a marlin base for my ffIII. ??
Don't gobble at me...

beagler

Never Misses

huntmaster80

nice lookin rig!!! looks like its shootin good also

ads1

Quote from: Fullfan on June 04, 2013, 08:28:17 PM
Looks good man, what is the redfeild part number for the base you uesd?? I just bought a 11-87 sure shot mag, and do not want to have it drilled for a marlin base for my ffIII. ??

I purchased the Redfield Base from Midwayusa. Product# 953752: Redfield# 47519. The base has 3 slots. Don't know if the base will fit the 11-87, but if you PM me with your address I will send you my extra Redfield Base. See attachment: Redfield Base.

Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois