turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great outfitter review !!

Started by BowBendr, June 01, 2013, 10:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

There's been a little talk on here and other forums about guys having not-so-great outfitted hunts this year.
Let me tell you about a great one...

Pennyrile Outfitters is located in western Kentucky in Christian and Todd Counties. Dan and Nancy Kendall are sponsors here on OG and Dan post as mfd1027 on team "Full Strut Productions".

His hunts are exactly as represented, and as a person that has been in the outfitting business for a long time, I can tell you that he has his act together. He has a good bit of ground and it's absolutely loaded with birds !

I took my 17 yr. old son up there as a graduation present and we had a blast. It rained in buckets the whole time, but we were on birds the whole time and had a great hunt. His camp is a little different than some, each person gets their own tent...yes...a tent. These are high quality SpringBar canvas tents, complete with carpeting, power, and heat. Each has comfortable bed, not a cot, and tables, chairs, you name it. It poured the rain up there and not one stitch of our gear or us got one bit wet. Any other tent and you would have been miserable.

Miss Nancy was up each morning to serve coffee and a continental style breakfast. You are responsible for the rest of your food, but there is a cafe about 5 minutes away that serves some of the best food i've ever eaten at a price that makes it cheaper than Dan could afford to feed you.

Upon arriving, Dan put us in the truck and showed us his ground and explained all boundaries with maps from a smart phone and gave us our choice of where we wanted to hunt. If you like to hunt field birds you can do it, or if you prefer to hunt in timber you can do that also, or he has tracts that have a mixture of both styles of land. You can run and gun, hunt from a blind...whatever. You can be on your own and he'll turn you loose or he will hunt with you and call for you.

Nothing is hidden and it is truly a hunt that you won't regret. It's not over-hunted and he only has 4 people hunting each week. If your looking for an affordable hunt that you have a great chance for success on, you can shoot him a pm or contact him thru his web-site. Thanks guys !  :icon_thumright:
http://www.pennyrileoutfitters.com/

Tail Feathers

Good to hear an OG member is running a good outfit and thanks for the review.

Congrats on the successful hunt! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

DirtNap647

RutnNStrutn

Thanks for the review and congrats on your success!! :icon_thumright:

bpfarm

Nice Bird!! Looks like beautiful country.  I'm sure your son had a blast.  I always enjoy hunting with my dad.

mfd1027

I'm glad you guys had a good time Scott.   The smile on Alan's face says it all.   Hope to see you next year.   I just picked up 2 new farms and they're both turkey paradise.   
Dan

redarrow

Got alot of friends in Cadiz.Beautiful area. Glad you had a great hunt. :icon_thumright:

mudhen

Nice report!

I'll be checking it out for 2014 for sure!

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

76chevy

Nice.  Anybody hunt with them recently?  Looking for a KY hunt in 2022 with my son

joey46

Hmm?  Things can change a lot in 8 years.  Be interested in any replies.  I lived in the area for 9 years within sight of LBL.  Would love to go back at some point.

G-dub

Congrats!  Glad to see a fellow Tiger having some success!

762hunter

Now I wanna go, any updates? Anybody else tried them out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

They are still in business. I don't think they are still using the tents.
I'm sure they don't have the birds they had in 2013, nobody in this area does.