OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Cutting  (Read 4442 times)

Offline bowmike

Cutting
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:35:51 AM »
Watched a few youtube videos on cutting. I particularly like Scott Ellis breaking down the cut. His instructional youtube video is helpful.

What call do you use when doing your cuts. I can do it with any call but I sound like the guy in the early part of the video, it works, and has brought in birds to me this year, but i want to get the "crack" sound that he does.

I have trouble creating rasp with my cuts. is there anything you guys can suggest to get away from the "mini yelp" cutting sound, or fast clucking sound.

http://youtu.be/ej3sAAzAdpw

Any calls that you have found that have made you more effective. I order a woodhaven raspy red reactor, that Scott used in the video to try and match his sound.

Really want to get this down. Right now I am performing the front note of a yelp and pushing air with my diaphram. I use my tounge to push up and down to get the sharpness. I am keeping the air flow constant, and cutting it off and on with the front part of my tounge.

Do you guys use the front of your tounge or the middle fatter part to cut off the air supply.

Thanks in advance for the insight. Anyone else sound like the call in the beginning of the video?

Offline scott ellis

• Scott Ellis-Elite Turkey Hunting and Calling
Re: Cutting
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:37:33 PM »
Mike,

Do you have my DVD?

scott