turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old School meets New School

Started by stilker, May 24, 2013, 12:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stilker

Picked up a Bottomland Super Mag at Bass Pro Tuesday. Nice companion to my Original Bottomland 3 inch gun.

mikejd

Very nice indeed. I hope it slays many a longbeards for you.

Gobble!

Can I ask what you paid for the new gun?

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

01Foreman400

I like the new pattern better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

TJK68

Very nice, just picked mine up yesterday.

stilker

Quote from: Gobble! on May 24, 2013, 08:30:23 AM
Can I ask what you paid for the new gun?

got it for 479 with $30 rebate from remington. the New Bottomland has really become my all time favorite pattern and i am an old school bottomland/greenleaf guy. And it looks awesome on a gun.

HartClemson99

"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

budtripp

I'm trying to decide if I want to get my SBE dipped in bottomland, or just buy an 870 super mag already dipped in bottomland  :drool: Heck might do both.

stilker

Quote from: budtripp on May 24, 2013, 09:25:07 PM
I'm trying to decide if I want to get my SBE dipped in bottomland, or just buy an 870 super mag already dipped in bottomland  :drool: Heck might do both.

I thought about dipping my M2 but I love to turkey hunt with an 870 and been thinking about going to a 3.5 inch. When I saw the Bottomland Super Mag, I had to have it.

AndyH

Sweet guns! I have both only my old school is the Green leaf camo.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mossyoakpro

Does that new SM have a drilled and tapped receiver?  If so I may have to have one of them!!  That thing is smokin!!
Phillippians 4:13

AndyH

Quote from: mossyoakpro on May 25, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
Does that new SM have a drilled and tapped receiver?  If so I may have to have one of them!!  That thing is smokin!!
Mine has a drilled and tapped receiver but I bought mine when they first came out, not sure if they still drill them or not.

stilker

Quote from: mossyoakpro on May 25, 2013, 01:23:30 PM

Yes, it is drilled and tapped.