OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Selling the last my Dekes  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Jay

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Iowa Hawkeye
Selling the last my Dekes
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »
Due to not Duck hunting for years, it's time to get rid of these to someone who will use them, probably on craigslist. Just what should I expect to get for 14, I believe Herter 72's bought in early 90's. Included weights/line and bag. Dekes are 7x16 body size. I was thinking $100 for the whole set up?

Offline Hankyorke

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:11:58 PM »
They look like 72s. Are the burlapped or just painted foam?
If you'll ship, I might be interested.

Offline Jay

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Iowa Hawkeye
Re: Selling the last my Dekes
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:48:30 PM »
Painted foam, and these suckers aren't light, so probably would be a bit pricey to ship.  Can't believe I carried these in the swamps year ago ;D

Offline Hankyorke

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 05:24:18 PM »
Ha. I hunt over all handcarved birds from cork or wood. These are VERY light comparatively.

Offline chcltlabz

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:40:47 AM »
They don't make those anymore, and the going price for them is about 10 bucks a piece.  Check ebay if you think I'm wrong.

Those are some of the best decoys you'll find for durability.  Your grandchildren will hunt over those if they're taken care of at all.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of ‘up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Offline Shack

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 06:39:40 PM »
Hunted over four dozen of these type Herters in the 80's with a great friend at Santee Cooper and we would slay them.  These decoys ride the water well.