turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wiper Custom Pocket Rocket

Started by Muzzy61, May 23, 2013, 12:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzzy61

Has anyone used or heard a Pocket Rocket box call from Wiper Custom calls ?
I'm wanting to buy a good "small" box call for my nephew. He is 8 and is tore up with turkey hunting.

I listened to it on his web site and sounds pretty good, price is right $25.
I was just curious if anyone had one or had heard one.

thanks,
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

mikejd

I remember last year someone was commenting on it and had me wanting to get one. Thanks for bringing this back up. Hopefully some users will chime in. For 25$ its worth a try.

outdoors

OK , I HAVE A COUPLE OF THEM ??   THERE NICE , GREAT CRAFTSMANSHIP

Wilper Custom Calls
9834 Prairie Lane
Wellington, Missouri  64097

816-267-3450

HE HAS A WEB SITE > WILPER CUSTOM CALLS <. GREAT GUY TO TALK TO AND IF YOU TALKE TO HIM VERBALIE  ASK HIM TO DO THE OWL CALL , IT'S GREAT HE DOES IT , ALL NATURAL
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

go getter

Great calls I have 3 of them the long box, pocket rocket and the kee kee. Great customer service and a great guy.

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

slwayne

Great call and Scott's a great guy to boot.  Called 4 toms in with it on public land on my Michigan opener May 13 but couldn't get a shot.  Re-located another 300 yards down the ridge and reached into my vest pocket for it and discovered that it was gone.  Re-traced my steps but couldn't find it.  Called Scott to order another one the next day and spent half an hour on the phone with him.  Ordered another Pocket Rocket and a Little Purr Box from him.  When I told him how much my 4 year old granddaughter loved that Pocket Rocket he told me he would send me a Little Kee Kee for free just for her.  Asked me for her name so that he could inscribe it for her.  Like I said, real nice guy.  My original Pocket Rocket was a red cedar box with a purpleheart lid.  Big, raspy sound for such a small call.  He told me that he is using a different lid now but still had a few of the old purpleheart lids around so I ordered one with the purpleheart lid.  In my opinion you aren't going to find a better call for $30.