turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

diaphragm call for soft calling

Started by mozer67, May 21, 2013, 11:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozer67

What is a good brand diaphragm call for close up quiet calling that requires little air?

vt35mag

I like ghost cuts, a lot of brands offer them.

CntrlPA

As far as I'm concerned any mouth call can be used like that, some just sound better than others. I carry 5 or 6 in my pouch, all different cuts and brands and they all work.

Cut*N*Run

Houndstooth Game Calls

The Tom bomb is a awesome mid range to low call it will roll over at the softest tree yelp garuntee you it's in a league of its on!

http://www.houndstoothgamecalls.com/index.php/products.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.pbv.v3.tpl&product_id=33&category_id=5

TRKYHTR

I think the more reeds in a call the harder it is to make soft subtle sounds. Not saying it is impossible but it's easier to use a 2 reed call for soft sounds than a 3 reed or 4 reed call. There are some good mouth calls out there and they don't have to be some of the big name companies. I make a 2 reed call that I use alot called the X-Terminator. Here is a sound file of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXynYpkCDRg

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Scpossum

Legacy is what I use. More reeds = more air.

troutfisher13111

I find the "red ghost" by Woodhaven to be very versatile with volume. I have a lot of control with it, and adjust volume by changing air pressure. I can get really quiet and go all the way up to pretty loud. 

Spring Creek Calls

I like a straight 2 reed call for the soft stuff, no cuts. I believe the most versatile are the ghost cut calls.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Chris Downs

Southland Sadler McGraw Ghost Cut or the Woodhaven Sadler McGraw/Toxic are very good calls on the low end.  The Zink batwing, in the orange tape, is another great low volume call...can't remember it's name though.

WildTigerTrout

My favorite for soft and/or tree calls is the Primos "Limb Hanger". ;)
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

PALongspur

Denny Gulvas Double, simple call with two reeds. Easy to blow and the best I've found for closer calls.

woodchip

I bought my first call the "Arsenic" from DND this year and I love it.  It will call very very soft but also capable of being surprisingly loud.  It was the only mouth call I used this season. 

Gooserbat

Gooserbat's Bacon is worth a look.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

davisd9

XT Havocs do it all!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer