only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Picked up a Mossberg 835 today

Started by SCDieselDawg, May 20, 2013, 02:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on May 20, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Quote from: jblackburn on May 20, 2013, 04:21:57 PM
Were those the red winchester shells?  Mine love those in 6's with a Mossberg XX extended choke.  Puts upper 140s and 150s in the 10 inch circle at 40.

These are black hulls. I can't seem to find the old HVs anymore.

I got some at Bass Pro this year.  Mine are Supreme XX Magnums
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: davisd9 on May 20, 2013, 10:20:44 PM
SCDieselDawg, what part of SC you in?  I am upstate.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I live in Oconee County and work in Greenville.

I've seen a few guys have a problem with the safeties but they were mashing them in before trying to slide them.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Punisher on May 20, 2013, 09:09:22 PM
I once owned one and the tang safety got stuck so I traded it off.  I looked at a used one the other day I thought about buying.  The tang safety was stuck on it too.  I would really like to have an 835 but it seems this must be a problem on these guns.  Have any of you guys had this problem, and if you did, what did you do to remedy it?

He's not the only one that had problems with the safety.  I think I remember reloader on here years ago mentioning the safety issue if I remember correctly.

I just did a search and found another guy mention it on Cablea's talk forum.  I show you what he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flatcoat110-03-2006, 09:22 PM
I shoot both the 870 and the mossburg. Only big difference I see is the location of the safety. Do you like the top tang (mossburg) or the triggerguard (870)? I have had trouble with two mossburgs and that dealt with the safety sticking in the semi-open stage. A little work and I got it back to the proper position. Flatcoat

ILIKEHEVI-13

But I also wanted to say it's not just Mossberg that have had some issues.  I have had problems with other gun brands.  I  had to send in a brand new 870 Express back to Remington for the plug in the magazine sticking up in the spring and not allowing you to pump a shell into the receiver so you could chamber a round.  Not a biggy, but still an issue.  I also have had 2 Browning guns:  Browning Bar 270 (BOSS) that had to go back due to the deal with the clip showing an empty clip after you would fire a round, and it wasn't empty and had shells in it.  So it would just stay in the open bolt postion like if the clip was empty.  The Browing Gold 3.5" semi had a problem with when you had a shell in the chamber and 2 in the magazine, and if you wanted to empty the gun after say you were done hunting and when you pull the the receiver bolt back to eject the live rouund, the shell in the magazine would come out of the magazine and into the lower receiver and jam the gun up to wher you couldn't do anything.  So you actually had 2 shells at one time in the receiver area of the gun.  2 brand new Browning guns over at $750 and $800 that hadd to go back to the factory for poor quality.  So it's not just a Mossberg thing. 

davisd9

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on May 20, 2013, 10:53:19 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on May 20, 2013, 10:20:44 PM
SCDieselDawg, what part of SC you in?  I am upstate.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I live in Oconee County and work in Greenville.

I've seen a few guys have a problem with the safeties but they were mashing them in before trying to slide them.

Got you.  I am in Rock Hill.  Not too far away.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

surehuntsalot

I have shot Mossberg pumps for over 40 years and have never had a problem of any kind
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

vt35mag

4-500's
2-600AT's
2-535's
1-835

Not one issue with any of them.

Congrats on your purchase!

DirtNap647

mossberg all i ever used for turkey ever since i started hunting

tomstopper