Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Monday Devotional 5/20/2013 " Deceived by the snake"

Started by BOFF, May 20, 2013, 08:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

This morning I woke up, grumpy, slight sinus headache, and sleepy. Groggily I checked my phone for messages and emails, and got caught up in looking at a picture of a rattlesnake swimming in the lake, by my "Internet friends". It suddenly hit me, I was deceived by the snake, in taking away from my time with God first thing this morning.

Whether it is by emails, tv, coffee, petting the dog, etc., we often get sidetracked in our daily routines away from God. Satan loves for this to happen to us, and often, in his attempts, is the cause. Yes, I wrote it, and believe it- the cause. Satan is scheming against us.

Ephesians 6:11(NIV)

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

1 Timothy 4:1 (ESV)

4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,...

Revelation 12:9 (NKJV)

9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

So,  brothers and sisters, I encourage you to seek God's face and His will for you first thing in your day. I haven't been doing a good job of this myself, and I am not point fingers, other than inward to me today. But I hope and pray, my convictions may be of a Blessing to you as well.

Heavenly Father,

Than You for Your convictions, guidance, and protection through the Holy Spirit. Forgive me of my lack of time spent in Your word, and in conversations with You throughout the days. May my heart be cleansed by Your forgiveness, grace, and love. Thank You for Your son Jesus, and the eternal salvation I have through Him.

May our wills parallel Yours, and may all the things we conquer, triumph, and attempt, be for Your glory, and not ours. May Your word be a sword from our mouths, and may it, be indwelt in our hearts.

Blessed be Your name, the Blessed name of Jesus Christ we pray and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

I know for myself this happens way to often, thanks for the reminder David!!!

Have a blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net