OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835/rhino/nitro 517t loads

Started by fountain, March 09, 2011, 06:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain

How many shoot this combo?  After reading the rhino thread, im guessing not many!  I really have high hopes for it, but knowing every gun is different,  im worried may bot get the results im after.  I also really didn't know all the bads about the rhino customer services either, but not worried bout that.  The homes seem to hold their values well. 
Looking to see some patterns from the above mentioned combo...especially out of sme short barells.

frank25

here is mine 935 24 inch barrel 2 inch extened rhino nitro 517t 4x5x7

frank25

im sure i can get a higher count this was last years pattern im goin to pattern again when it gets warm out i did a polish job better this time

fountain

its a 695 rhin0.  frank, was that 355 in a 10" circle?  if so that is super awesome!  i dont even have the gun yet, but hope to sight in and pattern and go to sum toy customs and see what he can do..prolly trying the .700+ chokes out and see what it can do.  i keep hearing that they could use a bit more open choke, but i think most rhino patterns i see are in the 300+ range at 40.  i know a jh is too tight.  tried that last year in my wifes gun and got 258, but killed fine.  i really hope i can get over 300 at 40 with this combo.

keep posting patterns!

frank25

the circle on this target is 10 inch and the choke is 695

frank25

frank25

i'll measure i thought it was a 10 inch the the target on that site is differnet

frank25

Turkey Target Rolled 10 Pack
Full color with 10 in. pattern circle!
go to quaker boy site u have alot to say when u have no idea what your talking about

frank25

Turkey Target - 100-Pack

Products > Other
Turkey Target - 100-Pack

The best Turkey patterning target on the market! Full color with 10 in. pattern circle!

knightrider

Quote from: frank25 on March 09, 2011, 04:04:55 PM
Turkey Target - 100-Pack

Products > Other
Turkey Target - 100-Pack

The best Turkey patterning target on the market! Full color with 10 in. pattern circle!
PATTERNING TARGET :TooFunny: thats atarget yes but what if your dense part of the pattern is not in that circle, you will never no, now it might be a good practice target once you have your PATTERN figured out

frank25

i know what your sayin i put the target on a 4x4 piece of carboard

fountain

i would give anything to get 350+ on a pattern like that!  i keep hearing they like an open choke since they have more shot, but i have only heard of them being shot out of a 695 rhino and jh..but the jh is too tight..or was out of my wifes gun and i have another one just like it on the way..turkey thug edition tho.  the jh choke shoots the 51013a loads well as advised on here by several.  i also plan to take the gun to sum toy customs and shoot and see how it does with the rhino and then if we can come up with something else.  has anyone shot this laod with a more open choke?  i personally have not seen a more open one unless it was custom made.

fountain

bassassassin99

patternmaster code black has a .715

fountain2

Dang!  This one came back from a few years.  Many options I do believe.  The rhino 695 is proven in the 835 and my Sumtoy did me well.  I think you could ask any company to make whatever construction you need and they would.  It may cost more, but I think the would. 
The reason o swapped away, other than inconsistency, is that the 7s were doing the work.  Sure there are 4s and 5s in there and I know they are hitting hard, but a majority of the fire pattern are7s.  So why not just go to straight 7s.  That's what I did.  The nitrous are moving faster and I do like that idea, but I never ordered any straight 7s from them.  I got a 675 Sumtoy and went tot hevi 7s.  I shot a lot..and I mean and lot on paper.  Patterns were good.  Only killed one bird with them.  This was about the time I took up loading tss.  End of story for the 835, other than testing various lead loads trying to find an awesome load it liked. 
I shot a lot of the available chokes of the times.. 2011-2012..out of 2 different 20" 835s and ended up keeping a jelly head, 675 and 698 Sumtoy.  I have the basics covered that I would shoot.  Only need one for a 2 oz TSS load...but don't seeyself going back to a 12