turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

QUESTION ON BURRIS FF3

Started by ads1, May 18, 2013, 10:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ads1

i want to purchase a Burris FF3 for a Remington SPS 870 Turkey gun.  Do I need to order the FF3 - 8MOA with a Picatinny Mount or without the mount?? Or do I get Weaver Mounts? Advantages or disadvantages of both systems. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

Shellwaster

You will need the picatinny mount which mounts the sight to your weaver base. The weaver base mounts to the gun's receiver, the picatinny mount mounts to the bottom of the sight with two #6-48 screws, the picatinny mount (attached to the sight) then clamps onto your weaver base.

Depending on which weaver brand base you buy, you may have to lightly file the slot sides you intend to place the picatinny mount in.

Onpoint

I mounted my ff3 with the 336 mount. It mounts right to the gun without the added height of a rail. Lots of guys on here mount theirs this way. I dont know if the picatinny mount would work on a weaver rail or not. I know that weaver devices will mount on a picatinny raiI, but I've never tried to put a picatinny device on a weaver rail. Maybe someone else here can answer that question for ya. If i was you I'd look into the 336 mount.

ads1

gobblergls

So there is no confusion among the many 336 mounts, the "Burris 336" mount is the one.  Midwayusa.com has them. Gil

ads1

ads1

After a lot of reading I have found that there are a lot of options for mounting a Burris FF3, including the Speed Bead mount. Lots of good You Tube videos available. That's one good reason to join a good forum so you can get the advice from those who have done this before. Sorry I ask the same question that had been ask many times before, but to those of us who are inexperienced, it seems difficult. Thanks again.