turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Strikers

Started by WV Ridge Reaper, May 17, 2013, 10:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Ridge Reaper

Just wondering how you guys carry your strikers ? My box call ended up cracking earlier this season so I just got a hair band and wrapped them together like that and stuck em in my box call pouch on my vest.

I like to have quick access to them and was just curious as to how you guys carry yours.

nickhrp

I carry mine on a lanyard that's hooks to my vest shoulder strap for my favorite go too glass and slate call and the others u just keep in my ol Tom vest call pouch or in my thigh pocket on my pants unless its raining then I put all if them in a ziplock bag in my vest pocket to keep dry
God Bless the Outdoors

West Augusta

I carry mine in a roll pouch that my sister made for me years ago and store that in a fanny pack woven into my hunting seat.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

eddie234

Ive been looking for something to carry mine in. I just ordered a roll up pouch yesterday. Got it from usahutingear. Hes offering free shipping to us og guys till 11pm tonight. Had mine all in a zip lok bag this year.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

WV Ridge Reaper

Thanks Eddie I will check that out.

barry

You would think one the vest makers would have something similar to a cartridge holder built into their vest just for holding strikers.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/grovtec-us-cartridge-slide-holders-for-handguns-shotguns-rifles-gtac86.html

callmakerman

I carry mine in a hard green plastic tube that Cody used to sell on their website. The tubes they sell now are OK but not as good as the old one's. Midwest turkey supply or Cody has them.

TarheelTurk

I'm glad you brought this up , I also wish vest company's would come up w/ a safe effective way to carry strikers , I lost a sentimental striker out of my snapped closed " striker pocket " this season. I have walked and walked but have been unable to find it so far. Y'all have some really good ideas Thanks a bunch for sharing
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

WV Ridge Reaper

I looked at the tubes on Midwest and from the dimension they give one tube will only carry one striker.I do like the ideal of the tubes tho.

I looked at the roll pouch and like that ideal as well but I am anal about my stuff matching and they carry off brand camo patterns.I am going to see if I can find some old mossy oak bottom land fabric and have my old lady's grandma make me a roll up pouch.

If I think it is good and we find everything needed then I may have her make a few and sell them on here because I know how everyone loves the old bottomland pattern.

Cut N Run

I carry my best striker on a lanyard around my neck with the striker in my right shirt pocket ( I shoot southpaw).  It works best when I'm sitting. The other strikers are in pockets in my Limbhanger vest. I've only lost two strikers from the vest and I found one of them a year later when hunting the same area.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

TauntoHawk

My vest has a big pocket on the right side, it has two panels that hold pot calls and elastic loops that hold 6 strikers. That's how I carry mine
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>