OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New lightweight turkey slayer ?

Started by Onpoint, May 17, 2013, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

I got a couple 870 12's and am wanting to get a new turkey gun. I really like the Encore pro hunter in 12 gauge but the benelli m2 20 is a sweet feeling gun to. For strictly a turkey gun which one y'all think i should buy. Ive been trying to decide and i just can't make my mind up.

vaturkey

The M2 20 by all means ! Best gun I've ever owned !  :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

budtripp

Me personally, M2 all day long. Just never been a fan of the looks/feel of the encores. Great muzzeloaders, just never liked them for a centerfire/shotgun.

beagler

Never Misses

mossyoakpro

Maybe I should keep mine....I thought about selling it. 
Phillippians 4:13

Onpoint

Quote from: mossyoakpro on May 17, 2013, 11:11:44 PM
Maybe I should keep mine....I thought about selling it.
If u decide to get rid of it let me know.

turkey_slayer

M2. Rolled a lot of heads with mine this year. I also got to hear the dreaded click. That's the only downfall to benellis. I'm going to install a stiffer spring so it want come out of battery so easy

Onpoint

Aight here's another thing. If I got a 20 I would prolly shoot the federal heavyweight but unheard they have been discontinued. So what's  the other options for a good load.

Onpoint

Somebody tell me somethin cuz I'm really likin the way that m2 20 feels. I'm not a big numbers guy, I look more for a good even pattern that's not too tight. Anything 110-125 would be acceptable but 130-140 would be great. Takin the heavyweights and TSS out of the equation, is there another combo that'll put me were I wanna be.

Onpoint

The reason I say takin the heavyweights out is cuz I've heard that load is discontinued.

vaturkey

Quote from: Onpoint on May 18, 2013, 04:06:11 PM
The reason I say takin the heavyweights out is cuz I've heard that load is discontinued.

Where did you hear that ?  I sure hope it's not so !  :o
Vaturkey

Onpoint

Quote from: vaturkey on May 18, 2013, 05:11:44 PM
Quote from: Onpoint on May 18, 2013, 04:06:11 PM

Where did you hear that ?  I sure hope it's not so !  :o
Heard it right here in OG. Hope it's not true myself cuz from everything I've read that's the load for the 20's

ILIKEHEVI-13

There's no word from Federal about discontinuing the Heavyweight turkey loads.  I know they sell pretty well in 20GA, but not so well in 12GA.

Onpoint

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 18, 2013, 09:55:44 PM
There's no word from Federal about discontinuing the Heavyweight turkey loads.  I know they sell pretty well in 20GA, but not so well in 12GA.
I saw a thread on here earlier today about it. Don't know how true it is but that's just what I read.