Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Any results with Benelli SBE and a Pure Gold .670?

Started by TheSportsman, March 09, 2011, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Thinkin about ordering a PG 670 for the Benelli SBE... Anybody had experience with one in a Benelli? Sure shot good out of my 870.     :thanks:

nyhunter

I tried a pure gold in my SBEII and it would have  killed turkeys at 40 yds, but it didn't give me the best patterns. I ended up going with a I.C .665.

redleg06

I used to shoot a pure gold out of my supernova and it was my "go-to" choke.  I tried IC and preferred pure gold.

IC is a good choke also.

goblr77

Quote from: nyhunter on March 09, 2011, 08:20:06 AM
I tried a pure gold in my SBEII and it would have  killed turkeys at 40 yds, but it didn't give me the best patterns. I ended up going with a I.C .665.

What loads are you using and what pattern numbers are you getting with the SBE2 and .665 IC? IC is selling the same choke for use in the SBEII and Optima +. The choke will fit both guns but the bore size on the Optima + is .007-.008 larger. I have a 26" barrel Xtrema and with the IC .665 I was getting in the 250's with Hevi 2.25 oz 7's. A Trulock .668 made exclusively for the Optima + outshot the IC.  My theory is the choke entrance and exit diameter for these two guns should be .007-.008 different so I sent the IC back for one with a .675 diameter (no wad catchers) to see if the results get better.

SKFOOTER

Save your money and buy a JellyHead .655.  You'll be glad you did! :z-guntootsmiley:

shootumindaface

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 09, 2011, 11:44:15 AM
Save your money and buy a JellyHead .655.  You'll be glad you did! :z-guntootsmiley:
Albeit the Jellyhead produced killing patterns for me in a Nova, the SSX stomped it as far as numbers were concerned.

S.C.C

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 09, 2011, 11:50:36 AM
Albeit the Jellyhead produced killing patterns for me in a Nova, the SSX stomped it as far as numbers were concerned.

you all about shootin now shootuminderface...all over the ssx aint ya... :whip2:

TheSportsman

Anybody got any pics of a SBE with a JH 655 patterns?

TheSportsman

Ive got a Kicks .655 and a Kicks .660 to try, should i pick up a JH .655 before I got pattern sunday?  Ive also got a Benelli XXF Turkey...

SKFOOTER

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 09, 2011, 11:50:36 AM
Shooting what load??

BOFF

Quote from: TheSportsman on March 09, 2011, 03:50:02 PM
Anybody got any pics of a SBE with a JH 655 patterns?

As a matter of fact, just recently. Rather cold, and windy. 42 yards to target. H13 2.25 oz. #7s.

The 20" circle numbers is approximate.

God Bless,
David B.