OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

someones going to get hurt....

Started by Rockhound, May 16, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

I dont know if any of you guys have seen them, but someone is putting fake kicks chokes on eBay and selling them. There not engraved like the real ones, some of them dont even resemble a choke that kicks produces.

I emailed Boswell about thiswith no reply. If it was never I would put a halt before a lawsuit arises

ILIKEHEVI-13

I have seen those chokes on there.  They don't have the black oxide finish like the other Kicks choke.  But  I went back and looked on there at them again after seeing your post.  The chokes look the same to me looking at the ports.  But what I was really wanting to look at is the location of these chokes.  The Kicks and Comp-n-Choke are made by the Charles Boswell in Sylvania, GA.  I have spoke with Charlie on the phone.  Great guy.  I think his son runs most of the business now.  But these other chokes on ebay you are talking about the location of the seller said Pooler, GA which is approx 1 hr drive from Sylvania.  I'm guessing that they are selling some of the chokes that have either had some of the mistakes in the scribing of the lettering on the chokes or some other cosmetic issues that would keep these chokes from being sold as new that still would not alter the way these chokes shoot.  That's my hunch.  Indian Creek used to do this on gunbroker for awhile. 

Rockhound

You might be correct, I never thought about that, but looking at them they have rings around the base of the choke muzzle above the thread that font belong, maybe to just look different and there is a gobblin thunder on there now that isn't ported.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Rockhound on May 16, 2013, 10:01:42 PM
You might be correct, I never thought about that, but looking at them they have rings around the base of the choke muzzle above the thread that font belong, maybe to just look different and there is a gobblin thunder on there now that isn't ported.

Well indian Creek makes ported and unported chokes.  They can make you any size choke that you want whether it be ported or unported as long as it's safe and feasible for your gun, but it will just take longer than going with what they have on hand at their shop or what they make for all the stores that is their standard recommendation for each gun brand.  They can make it with wad stripper or no wad stripper feature.  Heck I bought a Indian Creek BDS choke from their shop in Frohna, MO that was a Rem .669 choke.  You probably will not see another one of those.  I sold it to a guy on here.  It was a shooter.   

DirtNap647

i just had indian creek make me a special choke for my mossberg 835...great guys to deal with