turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835 Ulti-Mag

Started by RAY, May 16, 2013, 01:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY

Just put a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad on my Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag.  I took the old factory recoil pad off and couldn't believe that they would even consider using that hard chunk of rubber as a recoil pad.  I just hope this new one works like they claim it does. 70% reduced felt recoil looks mighty fine right about now!  :z-dizzy: I also contacted Mossberg trying to get their LPA adjustable trigger but they wouldn't sell me one to add on my gun.  That would be a sweet upgrade.

vt35mag

The limbsaver is definitely an improvement over the factory.  Wish they came with them already installed.  I wanted an LPA trigger assembly and they wouldn't sell me one either :(

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I can tell you right now that the SIMS recoil pad works.  But it don't reduce felt recoil by 70% over the old hard pad.  The recoil you feel from that hard pad will simply put be softer to your shoulder.  There is no getting around the kick for the recoil of the gun from the pressure of the shell is going to be exactly the same.  But you can lessen the felt pressure of that hard pad so to speak.

davisd9

Changed the stock on my 835 and my limbsaver no longer fits.  The limbsaver worked as advertised.  Hope it is as good to dirt nap as it was to me!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer