Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossberg SA -20 Turkey Thug Pattern

Started by FL-Boss, May 14, 2013, 05:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Had some time to shoot the new gun today for the first time.  I was shooting HEVI #7, and Federal HEVI #7.  I shot the factory turkey choke and a Sumtoy .562 I believe it is.  Anyway.. the Sumtoy and the Federal HEVI, 1.5oz, #7 won... 178 hits on my best shot.  I shot all the combos about 4 times. The HEVI 13, #7 was shooting about 20-30 less.

Before I started I polished the barrel even though it was new.  Getting the barrel off the gun was a challenge... and then getting back on the gun was even worse. Why?  Well I learned one thing.. and this is important to anyone that has or is thinking about getting one of these guns.... If you install the provided picatinny scope rail (like I did)  the treads go down into the receiver a little bit, just enough to NOT allow the barrel to pull out.  You have to loosen the little screws a bit for the barrel to come out.  About 2 hours of screwing with this thing and I finally figured it out. I'm lucky I didn't damage the gun in the process. Overall I'm real happy with the pattern results. 

buckeyejim

Very nice pattern Boss. And William at sumtoy does it again! Dead birds all day long with your setup.

Tom Dooley

Great pattern. Could you post the lot number of the Federals. Thanks

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

remmy1187