Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

benelli nova 24" Sumtoy .562 5 federal hvyweight 3/ 1.5/ 7 shot opinions please

Started by Pin Wheel, May 13, 2013, 06:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pin Wheel

just got my sumtoy choke in from William 562 5  in a benelli nova 24" bbl,  federal heavyweights 3"  7 shot,  I only had a couple shells to shoot that I friend of mine gave me so look at these patterns guys and let me know good or bad. My lowest was 148 highest was 180 in the 10"

remmy1187

Those are some very good patterns, I would be happy with all of them.

Punisher

Pin Wheel

thought about trying a 570 to see if it would make it a little more uniform or open just don't want the pattern too tight.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

R AJ

Too many are shooting once or twice and deciding if choke patterns are acceptable or not. Try shooting a couple of boxes of the cheaper field loads first and then go to your turkey shells.

BTW - you aren't going to get much better number wise than what you have. You also need to try lead Federal #6s  with  FC wads in the Sumtoy if you want a more open pattern. 30 yard pattern especially.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bigdoc

Good even pattern..... I would be happy with that,no way a gobbler would get through that.Good luck.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott