Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

2013: Major Failure....

Started by Turkeykiller12, May 13, 2013, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeykiller12

Today was my last chance at killing a bird for this season and I had no luck, the gobbling ended just as soon as they hit the ground. I guess this is my first and last year in this or any challenge. I learned that after 10 years of killing turkeys I'm still not " good enough" to hang with even the average hunter. Had fun on the team this year guys, wished I could've done more. I'll excuse myself from the team and allow another person to take my spot if that's ok with you guys. I've really just lost the spark and don't think I'll be getting it back anytime soon.

davisd9

Lots of people had a rough season, mine started off looking great but fizzled out quickly.  I hope you will stay on the team next year but understand if you are not interested or want to try another team.  Getting a bird for the contest is great but that is not what it is all about.  There will be a sign up for interest in being on the team again next year and if you decide not to join there will be no hard feelings and you are welcome back if a spot is ever open.  Do not let one bad season get you down.  Take care!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

Hope you change your mind, don't let one bad year get you down.  I'm not the best turkey hunter, so you are not alone. I have found turkey hunting can be so easy some years and almost impossible others .

trkehunr93

Bad seasons come and go!  Don't let that get you down.  Those guys on TV make it look easier than it really is.  Turkey hunting takes patience, you get your butt whooped make than you score.  For me that is the fun of it, killing one is not as important as being in the game and matching wits with a longbeard.  Win or lose.