OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Quieting 835 slide rattling.

Started by jim570, May 12, 2013, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim570

I cut 4 pieces of adhesive backed moleskin about 1/2 inch square and stuck them to both sides of the inside of the slide, front and rear.  Made a big difference.

RAY

Is your 835 an older model corn cob pump?  Because my 835 forearm is extremely tight.

jim570

It's the newer model.  Bought it abour a year and a half ago.  Got a Pure Gold .670 on it and shooting 3.5 inch Hevi 13 with  2 1/4 oz of #7 it shot a very high count in the 10" at 40 yards with a polished barrel.  Don't remember exactly but I think is was 344.

Put a Burriss FF II on it.  Very nice turkey gun.  Now, if I could just do something to lessen the recoil.

Old Gobbler

You mentioned recoil --- For the recoil , get a limbsaver or other type of soft recoil pad , they make a big difference -  I like the R3 pads

when your patterning the gun load up the chamber with as many shells as possible , the extra weight will help soak up some of the recoil

hope this helps
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mikejd

Quote from: Old Gobbler on May 12, 2013, 09:19:15 PM
You mentioned recoil --- For the recoil , get a limbsaver or other type of soft recoil pad , they make a big difference -  I like the R3 pads

when your patterning the gun load up the chamber with as many shells as possible , the extra weight will help soak up some of the recoil

hope this helps

When patterning buy a lead sled. Lol. I actually enjoy patterning now. Now I can shoot all day and it doesn't feel like I was in a bar room brawl the next day.