OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

haint gobble call

Started by DirtNap647, May 10, 2013, 03:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

anybody give me any pointers on this call i just cant get the hang of it

weave

Watch the video over and over and practice.  By the end of the same day I bought it, I was sounding pretty good.

mikejd

I cant speak from experience as mine is on its way but I did watch the D&D youtube video and I think I get it. Its about a 9min video.

DirtNap647

i watched it to just cant get it

Nolehoe

At first I really had to concentrate on keeping my mouth and tongue relaxed. Took me several hours of practicing to get it down but once I did that was it, now I can blow it without thinking about it

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mikejd

Mine came in on Friday and all I can say is if any of you guys have kids birthday partys coming up and need a horn blower Im your guy. I was practicing  today and my wife came up and said I thought you found a box of party favors. Going to take some time.

WV Ridge Reaper

Haha,I got mine and had it going within 30 mins.I can't put it down now,plus I have gotten better since I got it 2 weeks ago.

mikejd

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on May 25, 2013, 11:29:54 PM
Haha,I got mine and had it going within 30 mins.I can't put it down now,plus I have gotten better since I got it 2 weeks ago.

I figured it was one of those things that you get or you dont.

DirtNap647

I actually got the flutter down last week and have improved to a decent gobble little more practice needed tho I have the polycarb wondering if the wood gives a little deeper tone

vt35mag

Quote from: Dirt nap on May 26, 2013, 07:04:03 AM
I actually got the flutter down last week and have improved to a decent gobble little more practice needed tho I have the polycarb wondering if the wood gives a little deeper tone

It does.  I have the poly as well and plan on getting the walnut too.

outdoors

:z-dizzy:  MINE IS STILL IN THE DROWER SINCE LAST , YES LAST SEASON , I GET A HEADACHE JUST THINKING ABOUT IT . . . . ...
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

zeke632

I have one that I'm tempted to smash with a sledge hammer.

DirtNap647

lol I was about ready to  I kinda got it somewhat just need to slow the gobble down

mikejd

Quote from: zeke632 on May 30, 2013, 07:25:54 PM
I have one that I'm tempted to smash with a sledge hammer.

Funny right. I watch that video and it seems so easy. I mean I can shoot a fake machine gun all day long but I can't gobble to savemyself. There ready to kill me in my house.

lightsoutcalls

I prefer the walnut call over the poly call.  The tone seems much fuller.  I also think the separation in the gobble comes more from the hand movement on the call rather than the tongue flutter (slowing tongue flutter).  I may be wrong, but it seems to be the ticket for me. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!