OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ARE YOU READY ????

Started by BowBendr, March 08, 2011, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BowBendr

Alright guys, the time is here. We've got a team thats already got a bird on the board, so it's time to get in gear...Are You Ready ?

We have some team members that will be hunting here in about a week. Do you have what it takes to correctly score a bird?

If not, get it now. Time is running out and whether you're hunting 5 minutes from the house or you are 2 hours away, you need to be prepared to put up the proper proof for contest entry. We all freely joined up to do this and said we'd do what it took to go out and claim them bragging rights...so let's do it.

Do you have:
A camera
A tripod (if needed or you're alone when hunting)
A good set of scales for weighing
A small 1/8th inch steel tape or a cloth tape measure like a seamstress uses ?

And don't forget:
You need some large sheets of paper for recording your measurements on with a big "sharpie", so you can take a picture of it for submission purposes.

I know we haven't got a big group of "chatters" on this team, and that's ok. I'd rather have a bird killer than a ratchet jaw that can type well. But during this contest please stay in touch with the team. Even if you aren't hunting for a couple days or you're not having much success, or just flat out getting skunked...check in regularly and let us know what's going on. You may have a situation one of us may be able to help you with, or just keep you pumped up so you stay confident. That's important.

Even if you kill a jake, post it up and take full credit for it because 10 properly scored and submitted jakes could win it if other teams falter in their record keeping, or if disputes mark other folks birds down.

When you kill a bird, take them pics and get them up on the kill thread so I can clearly indentify the best pics and what we need to score it and submit the bird on my weekly tally sheet. Take a lot of pics, don't worry about over-kill, i'll handle it.

Have the tools you need to fulfill the need before you ever set one foot in the woods this year. Sure as you don't, you'll kill Godzilla and not have what you need on hand to take care of business.

It's time to de-throne the VooDoo hunters...I'M READY !

MDbowman

Last year I was on an OOS hunt and had to scramble to find a simple sheet of paper and a Sharpie for a pic. So I typed up this sheet and will have 1 of these and a sharpie in a zip-lock in my vest!  Feel free to modify with your own names.

[attachment deleted by admin]

DMP

VanHelden Game Calls

NO!!!

Still need my hat :TooFunny:

Can't help myself.  Most my friends call me by my real name "Smart ....."

BowBendr

I need my FFII.
The magic mailbox should produce something nice tomorrow. I hope.  :begging: :begging: :begging:

derek

Quote from: BowBendr on March 11, 2011, 11:23:06 PM
I need my FFII.
The magic mailbox should produce something nice tomorrow. I hope.  :begging: :begging: :begging:

waiting on mine from gobbler74 as well.  Looking forward to getting her dialed in though. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

MDbowman

Quote from: madarchery on March 11, 2011, 08:54:27 AM

Most my friends call me by my real name "Smart ....."

Uh oh, this team may be stacked with people that fit that description!! ;)

Don't forget to check the charge on your battery before the hunt!!

VanHelden Game Calls

And at first it seems we have the wrong team name.  But then again it fits our personalities. ;D

derek

Quote from: derek on March 12, 2011, 12:41:35 AM
Quote from: BowBendr on March 11, 2011, 11:23:06 PM
I need my FFII.

waiting on mine from gobbler74 as well.  Looking forward to getting her dialed in though. 

Magic mailbox came through!

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

I got mine today too, but I couldn't put it on because the screws that came with the base don't fit an 835. Guess i'll be waiting for the magic mailbox to come thru for me again next week................................... :begging: :begging: :begging:

derek

Quote from: BowBendr on March 12, 2011, 09:02:27 PM
I got mine today too, but I couldn't put it on because the screws that came with the base don't fit an 835. Guess i'll be waiting for the magic mailbox to come thru for me again next week................................... :begging: :begging: :begging:

Similar problem on my end.  I got the marlin mount with the protector (for an 835 as well).  I have a weaver rail that thankfully I won't have to use because the holes on the marlin mount work perfectly.  I wanted this thing as low as possible.  The rail came with screws that would work perfect for the sight and mount, but don't fit flush enough on the mount to assemble the sight.  I'll get it figured out though. 

www.thebaysidelegion.com

misfire

Ya'll are gonna love the FF! I have one on my Benelli and dont kow how I made it as long as I did without it. I have a Bushnell scope on my 870, but cant get it away from my son long enough to try it out. But ( knock on wood) I havent missed a bird yet with the FF
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

derek

Got the FF2 mounted today, it looks great.  Gonna get it sighted in and put some shells to paper this week.  Gotta try out some h13 7s! 

www.thebaysidelegion.com

BowBendr

Where did you end up finding some screws to use ?

derek

Got the screws that came with the weaver rail to work.  If that didn't do it I was planning on checking with a gun smith to see what they had lying around. 

One of the neatest features about this sight, since I'm left eye dominant but shoot right handed, is I really don't have to close my left eye anymore.  If I see a red dot, its coming from my right eye and is going to hit where its aimed. 

www.thebaysidelegion.com