Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WildSpur scores again with a longbeard

Started by Twowithone, May 09, 2013, 09:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twowithone

Nephew texted me scored a 2nd gobbler. Way to go Wildspur.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

WildSpur

Thanks Uncle!

16# 3oz, 10 1/4" beard, and 1" spurs.

Went out this morning to one of my favorite places.  It was pretty wet from all the rain this morning.  Looks like it was bad because I was seeing downed trees and debris.

First gobble was a 0540.  I had 2 going good about 300-400 yards away.  Another was just as hot probably 1/2 mile away.

I gave the birds enough light yelps, clucks, and purrs so they new where I was.  Once I was certin they were on the ground I went silent.

I did get a gobble from about 60-80 yards away at my 10 oclock position.  I could hear a little spitting and drumming.  It was foggy and visibility was tough.  I did not hear anymore gobbles.  I was fighting the temptation to call again.

I did catch movement out of the corner of my right eye.  At about 2 oclock I saw 2 longbeards looking for me.   

I was hoping one would walk behind a tree so I could swing my gun towards them.  That did not happen.  As smoothly as I could I swung my gun over and pulled the trigger as soon as my red dot was on the back of his head/neck.  Down he went!

I am happy.  My 2nd longest beard and tied for my 2nd best spurs.  First time I ever tagged out since we have been able to purchase a 2nd tag.
Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Good job Wildspur!!! Way to go!! Our team needed that bird!! :icon_thumright:

Hayudog