OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem. SM .662 Hevi-choke+Hevi-13 #6s

Started by SCDieselDawg, May 08, 2013, 11:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCDieselDawg

Tried the Hevi-Shot choke out with 3.5" and 3" #6s  in my 870 SM.
Its clear this gun doesn't like 6s it did alot better with the Magnum Blends.

3.5" after counting the first time I moved left and drew a new circle.

3"

nyhunter

:icon_thumright:  Both those patterns are good for each shell. Can you get more shot in a 10" circle with a different shell definitely. What were your Mag Blend patterns like that makes them better?

SCDieselDawg

I will admit they are definetly huntable. But the 3.5" Magnum Blends put 40 more in the 10" with this choke. So for the money these shells cost I'd stick with the one that performs the best.

remmy1187

They really are not that bad of patterns but I would definately use the magblends if they shoot that much better.   Have you tried 7's yet out of that choke?  I would be interested to see those numbers.

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: remmy1187 on May 08, 2013, 08:55:25 PM
They really are not that bad of patterns but I would definately use the magblends if they shoot that much better.   Have you tried 7's yet out of that choke?  I would be interested to see those numbers.

No 7s yet. They are in the works for my other 870 I may try one through this gun.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Those will hunt.  Thanks for doing this and posting your results here. 

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 08, 2013, 10:34:26 PM

Stay tuned I'm gonna try this choke out of my other 870 with some 3" Hevi 6s&7s. And switch between a 26" and a 21" barrel.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on May 08, 2013, 11:13:45 PM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on May 08, 2013, 10:34:26 PM

Stay tuned I'm gonna try this choke out of my other 870 with some 3" Hevi 6s&7s. And switch between a 26" and a 21" barrel.

This is exactly what this forum needs is more pattern junkies.  I can't wait to hear your results.  Thanks again for doing this and posting your results for us to see.  The more folks do this, the smarter we all will get on what seems to work and what seem to not work. 

SCDieselDawg

It's two birds with one stone. I get to help others and I get some "me" away from the hustle and bustle of life. Plus my ol Lady don't mind. She often times helps with the lighter recoiling stuff.

nyhunter