turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Feedback Needed on Zink's Thunder Ridge Calls

Started by letinmfly, May 07, 2013, 10:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

letinmfly

Any feedback on any of these calls would be greatly appreciated.  Especially the crystal call.

Thanks in advance.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Turkey Trot

I have my hands on Zink's pot calls.  It is a big producer and sells to box stores.  How custom do you think they are and how much time is spent on hand finishing and tuning?

The Thunder Ridge has an injection mold pot, definitely a commodity product.

https://www.zinkcalls.com/products/TRS_slate

One can buy calls from most makers on here for equal or less money to Zink's prices.  Why buy commodity when you can buy custom?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

nickhrp

Quote from: Turkey Trot on May 08, 2013, 02:53:10 PM
I have my hands on Zink's pot calls.  It is a big producer and sells to box stores.  How custom do you think they are and how much time is spent on hand finishing and tuning?

The Thunder Ridge has an injection mold pot, definitely a commodity product.

https://www.zinkcalls.com/products/TRS_slate

One can buy calls from most makers on here for equal or less money to Zink's prices.  Why buy commodity when you can buy custom?
What he said
God Bless the Outdoors

Outdoormarsh

Poured calls?! Makes me sick! Keep that garbage overseas!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

letinmfly

I own over 100 custom potcalls.  I'm just asking if anyone has any experience with these calls and how do they sound?  Simple question.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Chris Downs

The ones I've seen and used sound very good and seem to be of good quality. My cousin uses one almost exclusively and has two or three custom calls too

nickhrp

I have one and used it a couple years and it sounded good (thunder ridge glass) it just seemed to be missing something on the top end when I would be aggressive with it but soft calling I fooled alot of birds with it but I been bit with the custom call bug and gotten away from mass produced calls but overall it's a good call
God Bless the Outdoors

mossyoakpro

Quote from: letinmfly on May 08, 2013, 11:46:17 PM
I own over 100 custom potcalls.  I'm just asking if anyone has any experience with these calls and how do they sound?  Simple question.

I will try to give you a simple answer....the Thunder Ridge series are great calls with the right striker combo.  The striker that came with the 2 that I have just never seemed to get the full potential out of them.  I layed a laminate flair tip on them and they really started singing!!  They are great calls for their price point range. The Power Hen series calls are fantastic IMO.

Hope that helped you out!!
Phillippians 4:13