turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke for H&R?

Started by jmasters, May 06, 2013, 09:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmasters

Hey Guys, I have an H&R singe shot that's been laying around the house, so i sent it to Remington to put a 12ga vent rib topper barrel on it w/ screw in choke. any body have any luck with this barrel and choke combinations? thanks for any help, John.   

mnbeardbuster

I have three guns with that barrel.  I have the Truglo "Bansner" .665 chokes on them shooting Win XRHD 6's.  The Bansner's preceded the Truglo Xtremes.  The guns also patterned nicely with the Mad Super Max .675.  I had a JH .660 but the pattern was blown.  I own several Pure Gold .670's but am happy with my current setup.  I added William Fire Sights to two of them and a red dot on the third via a B-Square rib mount. 

the Ward

x1 on the bansner truglo .665.Very good choke in those guns.

jmasters

Very nice pic! I will take a look at those chokes, thanks for the help.

jmasters

Would a SSX .643 be to much constriction on these guns? or should i find some in the .660s?

mnbeardbuster

I haven't gone below a .660, so I can't really answer that. It will depend on the ammo you choose to use. I would suggest looking at the pattern board/turkey gun threads and looking at the ones pertaining to that choke and see what others are getting for results. It will be a different gun and maybe ammo choice but should give you an idea.  :anim_25: