turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Extended My Turkey Season

Started by turkeybow, March 08, 2011, 07:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeybow

I got an offer to chase birds in Nebraska in mid-May.  I wasn't sure if I was going to go due to money but yesterday I said the heck with it.   :you_rock: I will be going to Nebraska in mid-May for my 1st attempt at a different subspecies (Merriams) :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

nctrkyhntr

Good Luck merriams are fun to hunt

harvester

mfd1027

There's nothing like chasing birds in another state and being as their another subspecies makes it even sweeter.   Man, i hope that works out for you!!!    In my book the Merriams is the best looking of the big 4.   
Dan

turkeybow

Quote from: mfd1027 on March 08, 2011, 08:04:14 PM
There's nothing like chasing birds in another state and being as their another subspecies makes it even sweeter.   Man, i hope that works out for you!!!    In my book the Merriams is the best looking of the big 4.   

I agree with you on that but I want an Osceola so bad.  Have a place to hunt them I just have to get down there.  My girlfriends uncle owns a cattle farm that is loaded with them!  She won't let me go until she can go too.  Why can't her spring break be 1 week later so we could go???
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

unclerick

Man thats cool, hope it works out that you really get to go, good luck.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: turkeybow on March 08, 2011, 07:26:23 PM
I got an offer to chase birds in Nebraska in mid-May.  I wasn't sure if I was going to go due to money but yesterday I said the heck with it.   :you_rock: I will be going to Nebraska in mid-May for my 1st attempt at a different subspecies (Merriams) :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

Where are you going in Nebraska?    I hunted out there last May.  We hunted near Curtis and Maxwell Nebraska.  I saw more birds there in three days than I have seen in the past ten here in GA.  It's awesome place to hunt. 

turkeybow

Quote from: Hawken on March 08, 2011, 08:51:07 PM
Where are you going in Nebraska?    I hunted out there last May.  We hunted near Curtis and Maxwell Nebraska.  I saw more birds there in three days than I have seen in the past ten here in GA.  It's awesome place to hunt. 

Near Chadron.  My buddy is going to send me some more info and he has been researching it since deer season.  I sure hope we have the same kind of luck.  It will be a week long trip.
~ Aldo Leopold

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: turkeybow on March 08, 2011, 09:30:58 PM
Quote from: Hawken on March 08, 2011, 08:51:07 PM

Near Chadron.  My buddy is going to send me some more info and he has been researching it since deer season.  I sure hope we have the same kind of luck.  It will be a week long trip.
You'll have a blast.  We just did a quick three day hunt up there.  I shot a bird the first afternoon, it was more of a rio looking bird.  Then the last two days I held out for a Merriam.  I saw plenty of birds and passed up numerous birds, but never got a merriam in in range.   It was agreat trip.   I know these are famous last words, but if I would have had one more day,  I truly beleive I would have shot my merriam.  It just took me  few days to get acquanted with the land and what the birds were doing.  Having a week will do you guys a lot of good, as far as figuring out the birds.    I will definately go back to Nebraska at some point in time. 

Ricochet

Right on, go for it!  Good luck!
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...