OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

THE BOY PUT A SMACK DOWN ON A FAT TURKEY TODAY .

Started by firstflight111, May 04, 2013, 12:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstflight111

Well i took Calvin out for try number 3 to double, and it didn't work out for both of us so i let him take his 2nd bird .We got in well before lite set up in the same place as last weekend just moved up 100 yards . i set up in some thick stuff didn't see it till it started to get light, by that time it was to late to move, oh well we had turkeys inside of 30 yards and could not see them good enough to take a shot at them .but we had one gobble from across the field about 400 yards .so i called 2 time at him he ran the whole way in, he got in to 20 yards and stopped just long enough to look him over Calvin gave the okay i want him .and well boom turkey down 6:24 am today .
and he carried the bird the whole way to the truck he was happy .

almost 10 in beard
r spur 3/4
l spur 3/4
22.8 lbs

CUPPED AND COMMITTED

backwater

bornagain64

Nice bird. Great story, something you will both remember forever.
  John

neverstopchasin

congrats and good bird. hopefully my son will be able to shoot the 20 gauge next yr, i took him deer huntin and he missed a 4pt and i was more tore up than he was lol.

jarbo03

Congrats, great job!

Sent from a gnarly phone with a kickstand

firstflight111

thanks . he was sad to tag out with over 2 weeks left in out season .he sill wants to go out with dad to watch me punch my second tag . :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:.it's just a matter of time till he finds girls and leaves dad hanging like my other 2 boys did  ??? ??? I keep telling them girls have cooties  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: . I still got a few years left in him i hope .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

bornagain64

Girls do have cooties.
I tell my girls boys have cooties too, does not seem to bother them.

lol    John

nogoodreezen

Congrats little man!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2