OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I "NEED" a New Pot Call

Started by SCGobbler, May 03, 2013, 01:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCGobbler

I say it's a need.  My wife says its a want but...

I have been using an Al Willis Glass over slate in my vest since 2005 and I think that the moisture has killed it.

So... Should I stay with glass over slate, or go to glass over glass, or go with a metal surface this time around?

I can play any of them so I really want something that sounds like a  turkey.

What is your favorite calling surface?  And I am perfectly aware of the storm I may have just stirred up!  :)
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

ol bob

I started building them in 1996 an I have never found anything better than slate over glass.

scoot12

I love a great aluminum call with glass or crystal being a close second.  Scoot

Hankyorke

My favorite this year is crystal over slate

Onpoint

My go to is a Lonnie sneed slate, a close second is a halloran glass

870BkWht

I  would  have  to  say  ceramic  is  my  favorite  followed  by  crystal.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

stumpy

I like ceramic it has been the death of a pile of gobblers since I started hunting with one in 2009 I have called in 42 with it and haven't even hunted this year due to a illness but next year I will be after em again
I like aluminum as well but my favorite call is ceramic over glass

Stumpy
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

WildSpur

Really liking my ceramic over glass in a padauk pot.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

Okiehntr12

I will second Lonnie Sneeds hot hen slate or green glass. You won't find a nicer gentleman to talk to and his calls talk turkey as well.

Turkey Trot

My favorite one is the one that the particular turkey wants to hear that day.  Since different turkeys respond to different calls, I own more than one of a slate, glass, ceramic, crystal, copper, aluminum, etc.  Sometimes they don't want to hear any of them and I'm still SOL.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

West Augusta

Glass over glass or glass over slate.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

nx95240

TauntoHawk

I got a ceramic over glass in a cherry pot that when paired with a yellowheart striker this year has just been magic.

Ceramic handles weather extremely well too
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

M,Yingling

I do like a copper callin surface just something little different and very versatile and weather proof
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey