turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trijicon RMR base?

Started by JKF, May 03, 2013, 09:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKF

Do they make a low profile base for this sight?

CrustyRusty

You can use a low weaver or low picatinny mount that attaches to whatever base you have or want.  If you have a weaver base on your gun you will need a low weaver mount for the RMR.  The mounts attach to the RMR and are sold separately dpeneding on your needs.

JKF

Do they make one for a drill and tap similar to the marlin 336 and fastfire?

CrustyRusty

Sorry, dont know about that.  I always use a pic rail for a scope base

ncturkey

The burrus optics guy told me that the marlin 336 rail mount is a low picatinny rail. So the Trijicon RMR low picatinny mount should work on the marlin 336 rail mount. I plan on trying this out soon.

gobblergls

It would be ideal if Trijicon would come up with a direct mounting system similar to the Burris 336 mount for the FF systems which dispense with the need for Picatinny rail mounting system.

Hayman

They have a few bases similar to the Marlin 336. They are for pistols like Glock S&W and such. Would any of these work on a shotgun possibly if drilled and tapped ?

ncturkey

They could. I would call trijicon and find out if it would work.

RoadRage

I was looking at the same option (RMR), but decided on the Aimpoint 9000SC. That decision was because I thought the 9000 would transition to deer / slug bbl and longer ranges better than the RMR... Anyway; while researching the RMR I found that the Picatinny mount was lower. I only had photos to reference, but the Pic mount is a one piece unit and the Weaver mount is a two piece unit. Also; the Weaver appears to be thicker (higher). Below are links to the pix:

Low Picatinny)  http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM33
Low Weaver)    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RM34W

The pic mount will work with a Weaver base, but a Weaver mount won't work on a pic rail. The profile of the two are (almost) identical, but tolerances are much tighter on the pic -- they're milspec. Cost wise, for a Benelli anyway:  Pic rail is $45.00 and Weaver base is $25.00.

Good luck and happy hunting. . . David
"There are no extraordinary men...just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with." -- Admiral William "Bull" Halsey Jr.

ncturkey

letsgohunting

Which would be better mount to go with the pic or weaver

CrustyRusty

Pic rail gives more sight options

Sako358

JKF wrote: Do they make a low profile base for this sight?

The Trijicon RM05-33 attaches directly to a Picatinny rail.  It does not fit well on a weaver #93 base because of the Weaver round vs Picatinny square grooves.  It may work...But???
The thinnest "Lowest" Picatinny rail I could find to fit the Benelli SBE II was also by Trijicon.  It is 1/2 the thickness of the rail that came with my Super Nova Turkey Special.
You can order it direct from their web site.
#TR123: AccuPoint Bennelli Shotgun Aluminum Rail"
I think it's about $63.
Good Luck!
Run & Gun: Benelli SBE 2, Trijicon RMR, IC .710, Hevi 13 #5 Zero 30 yds
Blind Gun:  Benelli SBE 2, Leupold 1.5x5 Circle Dot, Trulock .665, Federal HW #5 Zero 40 yds
Field Gun: Benelli Super Nova, Leupold 6x42, Harris Bipod, IC .670, Federal HW #5 Zero 50 yds

BurrisOptics

ANother direction is to find out if the Trijicon has the same footprint as we or another manufacturer has.  If the footprint is the same then you should be able to use someone else's base.  Just a thoght.