turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"Near Miss" Wingmaster 20ga, 26", SSX Fed HW #7

Started by hewhohunts, May 02, 2013, 12:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewhohunts

SSX and HW Fed 7 shot.  As title says.......DANG NEAR MISSED.  Three shots show the pattern center a good 7-8 inches to the side.

Lots tighter here. New to turkey but not to shotguns.  I'm not sure I like it THIS tight lol!

A measured 40 yards and while the "turkey" was hit, center of patter was clear to the edge of the 8.5x11 printer paper (repeatedly......so I need to keep that in mind).

At 20.....it's insanely small and tight. There are situations where I may stick a modified in instead for some of the spots I may sit where 30 yards is "it" visually. We've seen em move into the woods a bit when pressured here. Buddy shot one the other day in the woods.

Still learning.

Getting serious starting tomorrow. 8 days left and this is the first I have really free to go. Hoping the weatherman is wrong......too much rain in the forecast.

Just shared info.

Second photo shows HOW FAR off this pattern was by showing the back of the box where the target was centered.

This is plenty tight for me and my uses.
God Bless

hewhohunts

Extra note.  I was pretty surprised that the federal WAD hit the bottom of the box.  Only one that went that far but it was an interesting note.

surehuntsalot

if you have some places that are going to be 30-35 yds,don't be afraid to try your factory full choke in your gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase