News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question On Mueller site and adjustable reticles

Started by redleg06, March 08, 2011, 04:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg06

Hey Guys,

I just got the Mueller put on and sighted in the other day and love it so far.

I do have a couple questions about the different reticles that Im hoping I can get some feedback on.

The first (and I should have checked for myself at the range) question is - if I sighted my gun in using the "single dot" reticle, can I switch to one of the other settings and maintain the same POI?   I would assume so but you do know what they say about assuming....

My second question has to do with battery life.... will one of the settings like the CQB run the battery down quicker (if set at the same power level)  than the single dot would because it has a larger figure to illuminate?

Skeeterbait

With this type of sight I have seen no discernable difference with point of impact shifting from one retical to another on a shotgun pattern as long as you get the retical adjustment knob in the detent.  it is possible for the adjustment knot to be slightly out of the detent and it throw the poi off.  If you put this kind of sight on a precision rifle you may see a difference.  But within the width of a shotgun pattern I can not see a difference.

The sight has an LED bulb in it.  Changing reticals only changes the mask that the bulb shines through.  For a given brightness setting, changing the retical does not change the bulb in any way.

redleg06

Thanks for the feedback...good to hear on both counts.