OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven Scott Ellis Signature Series Mouth Call

Started by scott ellis, March 08, 2011, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKFOOTER

Scott, I purchased your mouth call at the convention last month at the suggestion of a buddy.  It is a great sounding call!  I also purchased the Red Wasp.  I love 'em both.  In your opinion in terms of raspiness, what Woodhaven mouth call would be a tad less raspy than the Red Wasp.  Thanks in advance. 

SKFOOTER

REBELYELL

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 29, 2011, 10:39:15 PM
Scott, I purchased your mouth call at the convention last month at the suggestion of a buddy.  It is a great sounding call!  I also purchased the Red Wasp.  I love 'em both.  In your opinion in terms of raspiness, what Woodhaven mouth call would be a tad less raspy than the Red Wasp.  Thanks in advance. 

Red Wing

scott ellis

Rebel yell is correct.  Any of our Batwings, including Mithchells.  Doug Crabtree's call is jam up as well is the copperhead II.

SE

gobbler336

well i just completed the southern leg of this season and lets just say the birds responded well to the call, had a lot of hens answer and come in also. 

on a side note, scott why don't ya'll make a three reed youth call?  make one and i'll buy it! a three reed youth scorpion would be awesome, maybe even a scott ellis youth.  i'd love to test out a prototype.

scott ellis

Turkey Trot

I got the call the old fashioned way, I bought it.  At first I did not connect with it in any special way though my initial impression was that it was a very well made call.  I kept rotating it in to practice while driving, and one recent day it clicked.  Funny how that happens, and a good reason not to get frustrated and give up on a call.  I'll probably practice with it on my way home this evening.

What is different about the tape on that call?  It seems more rigid, like it will last forever. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

treestand

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 15, 2011, 06:25:04 PM
I got the call the old fashioned way, I bought it.  At first I did not connect with it in any special way though my initial impression was that it was a very well made call.  I kept rotating it in to practice while driving, and one recent day it clicked.  Funny how that happens, and a good reason not to get frustrated and give up on a call.  I'll probably practice with it on my way home this evening.

What is different about the tape on that call?  It seems more rigid, like it will last forever. 

its thick tape

scott ellis

Gentlemen,

Be on the look out for two more calls, my design, coming out this spring....you will not be disappointed...I did a giveaway in multiple locations and the response was fantastic!  These two calls are dynamic! We havent settled names yet but you will not be disappointed!

SE