turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For all you hooks fans!!

Started by Hooksfan, April 30, 2013, 07:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooksfan

My brother came up for his annual trip to hunt with me in Missouri.  I was all tagged out so I could focus on calling for him.  We made some memories on two great hunts.  His first bird on Sunday was no slouch--1 1/4" hooks and 10.5" beard.  We moved north and had no idea this would be waiting for us yesterday morning!!

1 7/8" spurs, 11" paintbrush beard and 22 lbs 14 oz on a certified scale for a total score of 82.375

What a great bird, what a great hunt, and for sure some great memories!!

tomstopper

DANG. Congrats on some awesome birds & fine memories.....

VaTuRkStOmPeR

That one would go straight to the taxidermist!!

Awesome birds!

mikejd

:drool :drool:
Wow what a beast. I must agree that that would be taxidermy bound.
Congrats to you and your brother.

Hooksfan

Fellas, I just about cried watching him clean that bird.  He already has one mounted that has six beards.  He wanted the hooks to go on his already impressive string.  I caped the fan out for him.
He just called me a little while ago.  He left my house in Southwest Missouri about 3:30 this morning, and I could tell he was pretty excited--he had made it down to Buffalo River country in Arkansas and had just seen his first ever wild elk.

DirtNap647

slamman

:drool:  :z-winnersmiley:  :icon_thumright:  darn nice bird that should look nice on the mantle congrats.

albrubacker

Awesome bird with some great memories to go with it! Thats what its all about, Congrats!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

AUDoubleBeard

Talk about some daggers! Congrats!!  :drool:

870supermagnum

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your success.

870FaceLift

Dang, what a bird!  Congrats
Pass it on...

dawgfrombama

snapper1982

redarrow

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaawwwwwwwww. Nice one. Great memories as well. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: