Main Menu

Sbe jelly jelly head

Started by milertyme03, April 29, 2013, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milertyme03

Shot this today at the range.
Benelli she
Mag blend 2 1/4 oz
I may have been a bit over 40 because I paced off back from the marked 25 yard line.  I also shot a 3" turkey thug #5 and thought it was very good.  My shoulder is still sore from the 3.5 mags.  Thinking about dropping down in the future... those things thump.  Anyway I got 46 hits in a 7 inch circle.  I also shot at 25 and there wer too many holes to count.  I think 40 is a dead bird.  Don't think I'd shoot past it.  Attached is at 40 and 25.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2much2loud

That will kill a turkey... Did you shoot at a large piece of card board? The 25 looks low and right and the 40 maybe the same way. At 40 you may not be getting the denses part of your pattern on the head neck area. For what it's worth my SBE 2 shoots mag blends low left so I corrected it with a ff2. I think your 40 should have more pellet hits than it does.. Just my $.02 good luck this spring

milertyme03

I did shoot at a large piece of cardboard from the 25 at the very beginning.  The pattern wad dead center and a tad high.  I felt it was fine because at 40 i would think it would open up a little more and may have an inch or two of drop.  If I look at the back of the paper targets I shot at 40, the pattern does look very even.  I think that the low and right was just my point of aim on that particular shot.  I ended up putting a dead ringer ghost ring - fiber optic sight on which I am pretty pleased with.  I like peep sights because it gives you a good field of view and forces you to get your head down on the rear sight.  I found out their company is in western NY so I like to support local business when I can.  I should have shot a large piece of cardboard at 40 but I seriously could not shoot any more rounds.  I have shot hevi before and do not remember them with this much kick.  Maybe less oz of shot in previous 3.5's.  I have shot straight 6's previously (any turkey I shoot with them does not flop - they drop like a pile of rocks.)  I picked up the mags with the rebate bass pro had.  I would really like to put a fast fire on but am hesitant to do so because my SBE is not drilled and tapped.  I am not sure what my mounting options are but I am hesitant to mess with such a nice gun.     

MikeStaten