Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Converted the 10GA from Goose Rig to Turkey rig

Started by ElkTurkMan, April 28, 2013, 05:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElkTurkMan

After years of talking about I finally did it.  I purchased a 23" barrell for the Sp-10.  It came in Mossy Oak obsesssion, so I baught a wrap kit and did the rest of the gun in the same pattern.  I mounted atru-Glo Gobble stopper on it as well.  Now all that is left is to sight it in and pattern it.  I have two different chokes and loeads I am going to try.  I ahve  RHino .720 choke and a kicks .690.  I am going to shoot some Nitro's out of the RHino, and some Federal #7's out of the kicks.  I won't have this done in time to hu t with it this year, but by next season I will ahve her ready.  My 870 will always be my main squeeze, this will jsut be a filed gun, or a gun I can use when i think I may get a little longer than usual shot.  Here are some pics along side my 870.     

gob09

unclerick

Shane that thing looks awesome, have fun lineing it out for the turkey woods and  hope it kills you alot birds,,,, :icon_thumright:
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ElkTurkMan

Thanks Guys I will post up pattern pictures when I pattern it.   

keyser12ga

Hey if we ever meet up I've got some 10ga sitting around that I'm not going to do anything with, I'll give it to you.

On another note, how easy was it to do the wrap?  I've got an Ithaca turkeyslayer I've been wanting to do but I'm afraid, ha.

ElkTurkMan

Quote from: keyser12ga on April 30, 2013, 03:33:23 PM
Hey if we ever meet up I've got some 10ga sitting around that I'm not going to do anything with, I'll give it to you.

On another note, how easy was it to do the wrap?  I've got an Ithaca turkeyslayer I've been wanting to do but I'm afraid, ha.
It was kinda of a pain in the rear to wrap it.  I am pleased with the finished product, but it was more difficult than I anticipated.  Up close you can see some wrinkles in the tape that I couldn't get out, but all in all it looks good, and is way cheaper than getting it dipped. 

harvester