turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington Nitro Mags?

Started by Turkasaurus, April 28, 2013, 10:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkasaurus

Wondering what you have done with the 12ga 3" Nitro mags in #6 shot. They are 1 7/8oz of shot. Are these similar to the 10rd boxes of "turkey" shells?  What constriction is best in your gun.  Thanks   .T
Fueled by Nitro Ammo Co.

BrowningGuy88

They shoot horribly out of my 1300 and 935. I used them for a while in 20 gauge, but went to Winchester and then on to Hevi.

My 1300 averages 115 with Winchester HV 6's and barely breaks 60 with Rem. Nitro Mags.

surehuntsalot

I don't know what it is about these shells,not one of my shotguns will pattern a Remington shotgun shell of any kind worth a damn.
no matter what choke I use
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

surehuntsalot

those are turkey killing patterns all day long
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SCDieselDawg

Don't know about the Nitro Mags but my 20ga 870 straight out of the box with a SSX put up 112 at 35 yds with the Nitro Turkey #5s

dawei

Quote from: SCDieselDawg on May 06, 2013, 12:01:39 PM
Don't know about the Nitro Mags but my 20ga 870 straight out of the box with a SSX put up 112 at 35 yds with the Nitro Turkey #5s
Is that the same 20ga load I was using, Remington® Nitro-Turkey™ 3" Magnum 1185fps 1¼oz #5Pb (#NT20M5); or, HTL loads from http://www.nitrocompany.com/ ?

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

SCDieselDawg

Quote from: dawei on May 06, 2013, 06:23:41 PM
Quote from: SCDieselDawg on May 06, 2013, 12:01:39 PM
Is that the same 20ga load I was using, Remington® Nitro-Turkey™ 3" Magnum 1185fps 1¼oz #5Pb (#NT20M5); or, HTL loads from http://www.nitrocompany.com/ ?
Same load as you. I did tell a small lie it was at 30 yds not 35.

trkehunr93

Not a good load past 30 yards in my guns.  I have a box of 4's though!

R AJ

Those patterns shown by Dawei are at 30 yards and who is to snub what results he has?

The Nitro Mags are however a chilled lead shot, not copper coated, and I am quite sure that they have a different wad from their Premier line designed for turkey hunting. Are they good enough for turkey hunting? That depends on the distance and how well it patterns at that distance.

Having said this, I have not found a lead Remington shell in 20 gauge that I would shoot past 30 yards on turkey. They do tend to like a more open choke from my experience and squeezing them seems to cause blown patterns. My $.02.