OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Looking for a Turkey dog for this Fall season in Va  (Read 4340 times)

Wingboneman

Looking for a Turkey dog for this Fall season in Va
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:48:33 AM »
Looking for a pup may look at the boykins. Pm or Call 540-419-5257
Thanks
Curtis

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Looking for a Turkey dog for this Fall season in Va
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »
been looking for a while, with no luck. Its like a cult secret or something? I refuse to pay $900 for a Byrnes that I cant breed if I choose to & no one will even return calls for the boykins. If I find anything I will let you know & hopefully you will do the same.  Good Luck,  Mike

Wingboneman

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:49:06 AM »
Mike I had two Byrne dogs back about 15 years ago. Never did make dogs. One died at 11 months old and the other did not make it after a lot of hunting. There is good ones hunted with one. I had my own stock a long time ago.
I had good luck going to bird dog breaders that had bird dogs that would not stand for a covey that would flush and get them and hunt them. I may try that.  I called the person about the boykins and never got a reply back. 
We will find one It will happen.
Curtis

Offline va wingbone

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 05:31:09 PM »
Friend of mine has a litter of 6 week old setter/pointer cross. He's in central VA, pm if you'd like his phone #
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Wingboneman

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:10:10 PM »
Friend of mine has a litter of 6 week old setter/pointer cross. He's in central VA, pm if you'd like his phone #
wish i would of seen this sooner  :( just dont get on much any more