turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DND HAINT GOBBLE TUBE ???

Started by hookedspur, April 26, 2013, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

Ok how does this thing WORK ???  My friend ,or I thought he was gave me one ,,,,I cant make it sound
anything like a turkey //??? Wait a Minute maybe he's trying to drive me nuts ,,    Yeah that's probably
it..
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Tongue flutter and air control.  Great call.

lightsoutcalls

To get a better idea of "tongue flutter", think about making making a machine gun sound with your mouth.  To do so, you use tongue flutter.  Don't try to blow it for all you're worth.  I tend to try to blow too much air initially and lock up the reed.  Blow a moderate, consistent amount of air.  I find that if I hold the call with my left hand (I'm right handed) between my index finger and thumb, making an "O" (like you are signaling "O.K.") and cup my right hand with my left (like you are holding a small animal between your hands) I get a good "sound chamber".  Don't completely close your hands or you will muffle the call too much.  You flutter your right hand to create the rhythm heard in a gobble.  Lots of folks think that comes from the tongue flutter.  Actually it comes from your hand movement in this cupped position.  There should be some videos on youtube.  I don't remember if it is the walnut call or the lexan call that comes with a video that gives pretty good instructional on using it.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

albrubacker

I was told to use it much like a duck call, but faster. I never used a duck call, but I bought mine right after last yrs season. It wasn't until a month before the season this yr that I felt confident enough to actually use it. Love it now!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Bustabeak

I love mine! Killed one with it this morning!
I have some videos posted on YouTube and hopefully they will help you out. www.youtube.com/joshsmallwood1 let me know if I can help!

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

DirtNap647

after seein that pic you got me thinkin bout gettin one

ElkTurkMan

I am still learning mine, but I am getting better with it.

weave

Quote from: Hawken on April 28, 2013, 04:52:30 PM
I am still learning mine, but I am getting better with it.

I grabbed one yesterday....at first I was like WTF???

I have it figured out pretty good now.  Have recorded myself and played it back and am smiling ear to ear.

Will see what the boys in the woods think soon enough ;)

Bustabeak

Don't give up. Once you get it you'll love it! You will just blow it to hear a gobble! Out of the last 5 birds I've called in, there was  only one that I didn't use the haint on. That was only because I had left it in the truck.